5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Background map move tool missing

Since the last major update (couple of weeks ago), when putting a map in the background, the little square that allows one to scroll around the map is missing. Now, before anyone starts, let me state that I'm using a Mac, FGU, both fully patched, and a trackpad. And no, a mouse is not an option. This worked fine until the recent major UI updates. FWIW, I've seen this in both PF2 and Starfinder.
    Flyteach

This is a known issue with the current FGU build; that will not be fixed until the vision/lighting release unfortunately.

You can work around this issue by resizing the application window once you use the Send To Background image option.

Regards,
    JPG

OK, sorry, didn't realize it was a known issue, but the workaround doesn't work. If I send to background, map is centered, not necessarily where the tokens are. Resizing only makes the big black hole bigger. Unless there's some specific step I'm missing. Thanks for the update.
    Flyteach

Does the gold scroller button in the lower right reappear when you resize? Are you running any extensions?

Regards,
    JPG

No, it disappears and does not appear except when in non-background mode. Either of the two background modes it disappears. I'm running as a player in a game where I believe the only extension loaded is readycheck and windows save x.
    Flyteach
    Last edited by Flyteach; March 8th, 2021 at 00:41.

I'm not seeing that. Here's a video showing what I did. Are you doing something different?

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK, yes, that's what I did. It comes back, but the map is no longer in background mode. So yeah, it's usable, and been using it like this for a couple of weeks. But background mode is so much more convenient.
    Flyteach

I don't understand. In the video after I resize the application window to fix, the image is still in background mode.

It won't switch back on it's own (unless there is an extension doing something not in the core code).

Regards,
    JPG

Sheesh! I read that totally wrong. I missed the "application" window. Let me check next time we play and I'll let you know. Sorry for the confusion.

Moon Wizard, thanks a whole bunch. Resizing the APPLICATION window (emphasis mine for review) brings the scroller button back where it should.

Thread Information