5E Character Create Playlist

Targetting multiple targets results in modDamage getting an rTarget of nil...

5E, FGU with latest update, new campaign with no extensions (I added a few Debug.console statements to modDamage so I could see the .

Sorta technical, but I don't remember this happening before. Basically, if you target multiple targets, the attack roll rolls an attack for each target, and modAttack and onAttack fire for both targets individually as I'd expect. However, modDamage gets a "nil" value for rTarget so it only runs once (with a nil target no less), onDamageRoll fires once, and onDamage applies that singular damage to each target individually.

A barbarian attacked two targets with a greatsword (I know, not necessarily possible, but it does the same thing with Eldritch Blast) and rolled a hit and a crit. The damage rolled 2d6 and no critical damage (as reported eariler), and each target took the same damage.

Not sure if this was an intentional change or not. If so, I'll need to have the players who can attack multiple targets in a turn roll in multiple attacks and damage sequences instead of attacking them all at once.

Thanks!
    Jeff.

The damage rolls for 5E has always been set up as affecting "all" targets. This means that currently the system will roll a single damage roll; and apply to all targets. This means that modDamage will receive nil; because the roll is being applied to multiple targets (so there is no "single target" to pass in).

I think this is more of a corner case bug you haven't seen before and is not being handled; where a multi-attack crits but the mult-damage roll doesn't bifurcate crit vs. non-crit targets.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information