If new game, planned start date: 3/14/21
    Planned Duration & Frequency: weekly
    Term: Until I run out of adventure

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? no

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40*
    Number of Players in game & needed: looking for 4 players
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, you can load yourself up from the available items in game
    Character restrictions: Most books, I've banned a few classes/specialization/other features that would break either the tone or the balance, the selection is negotiable

Details of your scenario:

You have signed on as an "archeological assistant" under a sour looking gnome name Tiernan Dunn. His research has led him to a small port island where he hopes to unearth an ancient civilization document it's secrets. He has promised a large sum on the conclusion of this expedition as well as rights to keep any treasure that isn't of any archeological importance. He has also outfitted you with your choice of gear (within reason) before getting passage to the City of Omark on a privateer vessel called The Crusty Devil. While onboard Mr. Dunn explains that this civilization ruled a large swathe of the world nearly 800 years ago until it was erased from the face of the world. I was erased so completely that few scholars believe it ever existed. Mr. Dunn shows you a map with a location circled, and he says you will have to travel through a spider infested forest to get to the first site, where he hopes to find information on further sites. One night you spot a ship in the distance, headed straight for Omark, but it's traveling at an unnatural speed and you quickly lose sight of it. The next day you draw near your destination through fog and storm. Mr. Dunn is standing on deck, waiting for first site of land with a troubled look on his face... Something is wrong.

I'm going for a light horror tone with a little suspense/mystery. I am planning some puzzle/traps that WILL KILL YOU if you mess up bad enough, but these will be made obvious, there will be no Gygaxian surprise traps. You will be faced with enemies that you stand no chance of defeating in a fair fight and it will be your responsibility to recognize this and run. Your character must have one of the following: a nemesis, a quest, a secret, or a cause they are willing to die for. When you message for an invite include your selection and if you are invited we'll work on the details at session 0.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=5940

hey, can i ask are you still looking for people to join?

Thread Information