5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Minimum Weapon Damage

Hello all. I have been going over the effects coding and such and can't find a way to ensure that a creature or PC using a weapon who has a debuff for any reason that lessens damage dealt or a low strength or some such and I am unable to find any way to code in a minimum damage of 1 for a hit before any form of damage resistance or reduction. Is that programmed into the core or is there some way to program it into effects? Thanks for the help and I am sorry if this is a foolish question.
    Ragnar Tryggvy - GM and Player - Fantasy Grounds Classic and Unity Ultimate License
    D&D, AD&D, 2e, 3.5e, Pathfinder, 4e, 5e
    Thank you greatly to those of you that have made these fantastic extensions that greatly enhance the play and fun of my games.

5E does not have a minimum weapon damage of 1, so 0 damage is possible by RAW. Here is an old post Sage Advice Post on it:
    https://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/06/25/minimum-damage/

Thank you greatly. I had not seen that. I will have to test to see if, for instance, a -1 damage tries to heal someone it hits. Hopefully it reduces negative damage to 0. I would be fine with that. Thanks again.
    Ragnar Tryggvy - GM and Player - Fantasy Grounds Classic and Unity Ultimate License
    D&D, AD&D, 2e, 3.5e, Pathfinder, 4e, 5e
    Thank you greatly to those of you that have made these fantastic extensions that greatly enhance the play and fun of my games.

Thread Information