DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: White Screen

White Screen

After a recent update, before 2/28, I've noticed that FGU will lock up if my computer screens enter power saving mode. When I wake the displays up the screen is all white and I can't interact with it at all, I have to force quit the program.

Has anyone else noticed this issue or something similar?

Any thoughts on a resolution?

Moderator:
    Moved to Unity thread
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; March 6th, 2021 at 21:22.

Blog Entries
    Please post logs and system configuration. That should give us more clues. See link in my sig on how to get the logs if needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The logs will be remembered for one past session; so pulling the logs immediately after restarting FGU should let us look at the logs.

Regards,
    JPG

I had started the program again without crash since the last time it happened, so I've started it up again to get up to day logs for the issue.

One thing I have noticed since my testing, with FGU in the foreground the computer will not enter power saving mode. I'll post again when I have some logs to attach

Ok, Here is my log, I left the computer in power saving mode for a about 4 hours and when I came back it had the white screen issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqz37zv12p...10307.zip?dl=0

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.804) with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz processor and 16 GB ram.
    I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti driver version 27.21.14.5671

Let me know if you need other bits of info.

Thanks for the logs. I've added to our bug tracker; but this one may be around a while. Basically, some sort of graphic texture creation is being blocked while in power saving mode for the application; but we would have to figure out if this was something specific to Unity engine or something we are doing.

You might be able to adjust the power saving mode to just turn off screen if you need to leave FGU running for long periods.

Regards,
    JPG

If the graphic texture creation is at certain intervals would it resolve if I just leave it up for a certain amount of time longer?

I'm not sure. It's possible; and it definitely appears like it's a recurring event from the logs.

I talked to @cpinder; and he is not sure why that would be happening specifically. So, it would require significant debugging and investigation. For now, I suggest not allowing your computer to go into full power saving mode; if you need FG to be running long term.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information