5E Character Create Playlist

bug report -- infinite loop?

I'm new to FGU, so apologies if this isn't the correct way to give a bug report. I've been trying to input characters for my campaign and have uncovered what seems to be a very bad bug. I was doing a ranged weapon, and made the mistake of putting in an arbitrarily large (1000) count for the ammo. FGU tried to put 1000 dots for ammo, then locked up in what appears to be an infinite loop. I quit FGU and restarted, and going back to the character sheet it returns to the infinite loop if I try to access the abilities where the ammo would show. How do I contact (if this isn't the correct place) the support folks to get the character fixed so I don't have to trash the sheet and start over? ---thanks.

You may be able to edit that in the db.xml of your campaign (make a copy of that first to be on the safe side)

If you want you can upload your campaign here (or maybe send directly to the support here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals), then someone can try to fix that

In general, do not input too high numbers in fields with such automation Keep them "reasonable"

And welcome

Nevermind. It eventually came back after letting it sit. I think I may have had an extra 0 or two in there - immediately set it to a reasonable value and things look good.

haha - lesson learned. Thanks for the speedy reply and hints.

Thread Information