FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Natural die rolls using existing Damage rolls to allow for Defence (Unisystem armour)

I'm trying to use armour in our Unisystem game (which basically works as damage reduction on a damage roll). The damage rolls are with a Unisystem damage roll (for e.g. 1d4x6 or 1d4*6) which then subtracts the armour value from the result.

I have tried to use any of the following damage dice:

"Damage: /damage #d#+# rolls dice of tpe Damage, can be dragged onto the targets Wounds by the GM
    Damage Roll: /damageroll #d#+# rolls damage and applies it to the target in the Combat Tracker
    DamageDR: /damagedr #d#+# rolls damage and reduces damage by the target in the Combat Trackers Defense (damage reduction) and applies the damage"

If the die rolls allowed for a multiplier (x/*) I think this would function to allow for armour within MoreCore system for Unisystem. I've seen a similar mechanic in another Unisystem like Ruleset.

Is it possible to use/enable the full range of die rolls with multipliers etc on damage dice, or would it break the system? Currently we're having to roll dice and then manually figure out the damage result.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Is it possible?
    Yes, with coding.
    Ive been working on something related today and think I have expanded the [math] function to include multiplication and division.
    I havent yet solved how to have two [math] events in the one string.

Which of the above rolls works best for you as a starting point?
    I would guess that it is damagedr or damagedr4?

If I code one of those rolls above for you to support

#d# and multiply the onLanded result by # (and do DR if you nominate the DR roll) will you create a working character sheet for your Unisystem game and export it here and share?

You are correct that the damagedr or damagedr4 roll would work. I can tweak the name and use of whichever column is used (we're currently using "defence" as "essence" so it is an easy switch). I'm happy to share whatever I have - I'll tweak it a bit to remove some homebrew, and a lot of it is based on MoreCore basics, but happy to provide a Unisystem compliant character sheet, be a pleasure (noting I am no codemonkey )

Blog Entries
    No coding expectations - just a Character sheet with their rolls all setup.
    You can always export something more like a home brew adventure etc but the Character.xml is my only expectation.

Blog Entries
    IAmTheSky I finally have this Roll working. There was a conflict with another roll. Do you want the DR field to be Defence or Four?

Great! Can we be keep it simple and make it Defence? Cheers

Hi *damned*,
    Yes, Buffy was what is known as Cinematic Unisystem, a slightly tweaked version of Classic Unisystem.

Thanks for the changes, I just tested them and the functionality is really helpful. I'll test it a bit more then draft up a vanilla character sheet for general use.

*damned*, I haven't forgotten the character sheet for this, we're currently updating.

Thread Information