STAR TREK 2d20

Are there plans...?

There are a few game systems where the official rulesets and gamebook conversions lack, for example, fully implemented spell effects for many, many spells, powers, and abilities. I was creating a character just yesterday and, while having to make his spells and actions ready for actual play, I remembered that I had paid $60 for the ruleset. Why were these rulesets sold if they're so incomplete? I know there are community mods to help address this but does Smiteworks have any plans to see these rulesets finished or at least to integrate these unofficial mods into the rulesets?
    Last edited by malvok; March 6th, 2021 at 13:10.

It might help if you say what ruleset, and give examples of what powers, etc, you think are lacking implementation. Currently its all very vague.

I didn't want to call anyone out but Pathfinder 1 and 2. There are many, many examples.

Blog Entries
    Unofficial mod will never be incorporated into the official products. Unofficial does not equal official

It is impractical to automate 100% of a complex ruleset like PF 1 or 2 because their are always exceptions to the exception. The developers have always aimed for a nebulous 80% automation. Some rulesets get more, some less. It's also difficult to automate many things because different people want to configure/setup something differently. It's also not financially viable, because other than D&D 5E, most rulesets make very little money (and even 5E can not practically be automated 100%).

If you post specific examples and ask for the best way to do things in the PF sub-forums, as well as ask there specific plans, the appropriate players and community developers (because I'm pretty sure PF is actually developed by community members) you will get more specific information, including any plans.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The Pathfinder 2 ruleset is still being developed (yes it takes a long time to do this) and there will be more automation coming to that one in the future. If you haven't already had a look at it this post links to resources which allows you to add a considerable amount of automation yourself. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...and-Automation

Generally, as alluded to above, not everything is automated but what is available is back end code which does allow the user to add their own automation. This allows for much greater flexibility for house rules and the creation of your own stuff.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Unofficial mod will never be incorporated into the official products. Unofficial does not equal official

It is impractical to automate 100% of a complex ruleset like PF 1 or 2 because their are always exceptions to the exception. The developers have always aimed for a nebulous 80% automation. Some rulesets get more, some less. It's also difficult to automate many things because different people want to configure/setup something differently. It's also not financially viable, because other than D&D 5E, most rulesets make very little money (and even 5E can not practically be automated 100%).

If you post specific examples and ask for the best way to do things in the PF sub-forums, as well as ask there specific plans, the appropriate players and community developers (because I'm pretty sure PF is actually developed by community members) you will get more specific information, including any plans.
    Could the effects that have been written for the PFRPG - Spellbook community module end up included in the official modules, assuming dllewell agreed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Could the effects that have been written for the PFRPG - Spellbook community module end up included in the official modules, assuming dllewell agreed?
    I really have little clue about PF. Hence why I suggested asking in the PF forums. (I'll move this thread there in a moment).

Sure, anything can happen. But then again are you asking if unofficial content can be included in official content? If so, I doubt that would ever happen. But since I have no idea what you are talking about, I will leave it to others to answer with something that I hope if more informed

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I agree. I have applied no license to the PFRPG - Spellbook. Smiteworks is welcome to do anything they would like with it.

Thread Information