Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adventure Modules Broken?

On 05/14 - 05/22 I created 10 adventure modules using the /export function within FG2.

All 10 modules are part of a linked series and after I created them I started a fresh campaign and loaded the modules into it, each one loaded fine and I could have multiple open at the same time and not have any issues with the story frame as each module would load its data under the same 5 banners I had created to group the types of data.

Today I attempted to do the same thing and it does not seem to work at all and in fact causes FG2 to crash in some conditions. When I open one module it loads fine into the story area. When I load the next module, instead of it using the same banners as the first module it spawns a duplicate set that exceeds the width of the frame. I can only assume something changed in the client to break the desired behavior it had before. Now when I have these modules open, if I try to open more than two at a time it's possible the client becomes unstable so that when I attempt to close one it may crash to desktop.

I reported an almost identical issue two weeks ago:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=6522

There haven't been any replies to that post, I'm afraid!

That's unfortunate, hopefully there is a response soon since this is more than just annoying.

I had similar problems. My work around was to open the modules then quickly exit out of the game (sometimes I had to do them one at a time). When I went back in they seemed to open OK. Once all the modules were open and the campaign state saved, I stopped having issues with it.

Good luck.
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

Not quite the solution I'd like for putting something together for distribution.

Did you tell the modules to share the same tabs when you exported them?

I don't recall. Off hand I don't think so because I was under the impression that was only used with the Library but I'll look tonight just in case.

When the they made the change so a modules tabs didn't combine any more they added a line in the export module called Merge ID. Make sure all your modules where you want the tabs combined have the same Merge ID. It works fine for me in a test but when I was testing it I just had trival tabs.

I must have missed that one, thanks for pointing it out. Wierd that it worked before when I originally made and tested the modules without that. anyway, thanks again.

There were a series of bugs in the way tabs worked with modules. They fixed them and changed how tabs worked a few times over a series of versions.

Glad to help.

Thread Information