DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A question about multiple monitor support

I will preface this with: I know very little about LUA and Unity, so this may be an asinine question, or old news, and if so, please be kind

I saw this listed in a discussion and was wondering if this was something that would be possible to use in FGU in an extension

Unity 3D Multi Display
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

No, I don't think so since an extension over-rides or merges with the rulesets code. There's not a way currently to write an extension which would change the behaviour of the Unity client.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As far as I know from our previous research, Unity multi-display works by offering full-screen-only (i.e. not windowed) separate camera views. There is no concept of multiple windows as a built-in capability when we last researched, which is already a big limitation to the multi-display feature in Unity.

Even if it did offer multiple windows, FG's tabletop is a single camera view that covers the whole tabletop to allow for consistent layout across multiple rulesets. Breaking up into multiple windows would essentially create "multiple" display space, which would then need to be accounted for in the logic of the tool, plus figuring out how users would control multiple display spaces as well as movement of windows across display spaces and developer interaction with UI elements spread across display spaces.

If Unity did offer a multi-window capability, we would probably start by moving the error console to a separate window again first.

Regards,
    JPG

Newbie Question: Does FGU have multiple display capability so that the GM could display a map for everyone to see (such as on a large TV) and keep his stuff on his other display (such as his laptop or PC)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    Newbie Question: Does FGU have multiple display capability so that the GM could display a map for everyone to see (such as on a large TV) and keep his stuff on his other display (such as his laptop or PC)?
    Yes. To do this, you would run a 2nd instance of FGU and join game to localhost. The 2nd instance is then placed on a second display and it represents a player view. It keeps all the GM stuff hidden.

Unless the new GM has accidentally selected the whole adventure to be shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Unless the new GM has accidentally selected the whole adventure to be shared.
    Pffft! Who's done this? Certainly not me! ~avoids eye contact~
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Pffft! Who's done this? Certainly not me! ~avoids eye contact~

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yes. To do this, you would run a 2nd instance of FGU and join game to localhost. The 2nd instance is then placed on a second display and it represents a player view. It keeps all the GM stuff hidden.
    Does this require a second account?

Thread Information