DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    I agree 100% with you. In 2021 it's hard to understand why it's just not base functionality... we're no longer in the DOS days and mostly everything now comes as a window. Link your request and I will upvote
    It's almost like FGU was crippled on purpose to remove standard window functionality
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Remember, FG architecture was defined in 2004 or earlier. And even though we call them windows, they are not o/s level windows. Therefore all of their behavior and functionality was built from scratch.

Personally I have no desire for windows to be resized by grabbing any edge. Too likely for me to inadvertently resize something when either I am try to drag it or otherwise interact with it.

But, like all feature requests, put it on the wish list if you want it. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

MOD: This sub-forum is not the place to discuss, not because you can't discuss such on the forums, but because this is the Laboratory and is for discussion of public test builds, of which there currently is none and this functionality is core, and not beta. If you would like me to move this to an appropriate forum, such as the Tavern, please just ask.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Remember, FG architecture was defined in 2004 or earlier. And even though we call them windows, they are not o/s level windows. Therefore all of their behavior and functionality was built from scratch.
    Let me correct that for you... "FGC architecture was defined in 2004". Unity architecture isn't a 2004 custom built architecture though. You go into most any app that has "subwindows" and they act the same as an "o/s level" window.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    MOD: This sub-forum is not the place to discuss, not because you can't discuss such on the forums, but because this is the Laboratory and is for discussion of public test builds, of which there currently is none and this functionality is core, and not beta. If you would like me to move this to an appropriate forum, such as the Tavern, please just ask.
    If it isn't appropriate for this subforum, then that makes sense to do.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Let me correct that for you... "FGC architecture was defined in 2004". Unity architecture isn't a 2004 custom built architecture though. You go into most any app that has "subwindows" and they act the same as an "o/s level" window.
    The engine architecture is not, the interface architecture is still that developed for FGC. Windows inside the FGU application window are still not o/s windows. They are actually frames/windowclasses in the ruleset code that is used to define them.

But, it doesn't matter what they are. They do not have the functionality that you want and for them to get that functionality the ruleset code has to be changed. The way you get that changed is to add the suggestion to the wish list.

It also doesn't matter how other programs behave, FG windows currently work as designed, so it's not a bug, it's an intentional behavior. And again, how you get that changed is to add it to the wish list. Which I then suggest you add a link here to the wish list item, and a link in the wish list back to the discussion here. Then the community as a whole can vote to decide how important it is.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Calm down there...
    Last edited by deer_buster; June 15th, 2021 at 19:48.
    aka Laendra

Blog Entries
    Not a problem.

Thread Information