DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Well I didn't the search bar has any use I just wanted to make a clear impression of its capabilities. I never use that. I hardly ever open up the Library window, I just do that to load and unload modules if I need to.
    You'll find that the workflow (if you'd like to call it that) is much more dependend on the side bar instead of the Library itself. You'll open up Classes directly and look for the Ranger and then the Gloom Stalker.
    I personally play mainly Starfinder and in the SFRPG ruleset there is a seperate window called 'Features' where all the Features go, so you could look up any Features by name directly. I don't assume this will come to 5E though cause it would force a lot of modules to be rewriten, from my understanding. So I guess you'll have to go that extra step and open up the Ranger to find the Gloom Stalker.
    One last thing: You really should be able to find the Ranger if you are in the Classes window and search for 'Ranger'. Please double check that
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

I’m not sure what the search bar in the library is for either to be honest and I’ve never had reason to use it. If you have several modules open it is easier to find information using the buttons down the right hand side. Click on classes to see all the. Lasses and navigate through them from there. Same for backgrounds, feats etc etc.

If you open the reference manual in any module in the library then you should have more success searching for stuff in that. However there’s no search facility that I know of that will search across multiple modules. FG is designed more for navigating to where you want using links rather than searching for stuff.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It's a leftover really from a much older version; I'll see about removing it, as it's no longer needed.

Regards,
    JPG

The Specialization options will pop up automatically in the character wizard and when using drag and drop. It's part of the wiki documentation (at least for drag and drop), I believe.

For the sidebar buttons in general, it should use the default GM set of buttons when making new campaigns; then remember any settings from there.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    has the OP activated all the sidebar buttons in Options?
    Moon Wizard is there a way to make that more obvious?
    I am the OP. Unfortunately, I am on a laptop with a 15" monitor; though it is a 2020 laptop and runs well. Still, all of the buttons will not fit to the right on my screen. I have since added Spells and Characters and along with what was already on the sidebar, which I assume was the DM option, the sidebar is now completely filled. However, as a new user one-week old today, I am bombarded with information and a very steep learning curve. I had at one time seen where to add those things but then forgot which has been typical of a few things. And also, I just plain was not thinking about another way to find the information since I assumed that search field was functional and worked a certain (and what I would think is a typical) way and so I kept at it; it would be helpful to remove that search field which would force a new user to look elsewhere for answers instead of spinning his wheels.

I am doing a total crash course on Youtube and learning a bunch there. But again, it is a lot of information to digest and string together. On a side-note, though, I noticed that a lot of these game youtube content creators like to smack their lips or roof of their mouth before they start talking again after a long pause... and it drives me nuts! LOL. I watch lots of guitar learning on Youtube and other things and no one else does it. It seems to be a gamer-thing. LOL. ARgghh. Thanks all!

They could make the buttons smaller. But this is all I can fit:

gamescreen.jpg

Try changing the ui scale. Type /scaleui x into chat and press return (where x is 50 - 200 default is 100) and see if that makes things easier to get onto your screen.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Also check out www.fantasygroundscollege.net. Lots of free classes

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's a leftover really from a much older version; I'll see about removing it, as it's no longer needed.

Regards,
    JPG
    I hope you don't...

I have a lot of 4E and 5E modules that depend on that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Griogre; March 6th, 2021 at 23:54.

Thread Information