Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

What do I need to play Castles & Crusades?

I'm interested in playing some OSR games, with C&C being one of them. However, I found that, like D&D, it splits its player and GM content across different books.

To play/GM Castles & Crusades, can I use ONLY the Players Handbook? What do I really need to play this game?10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
    Last edited by vanisingh96; March 7th, 2021 at 22:23.

Blog Entries
    On FG, just buy the ruleset. It has the PHB, Monsters & Treasures and even an introductory module. It's really everything you need (although the other books add more content if you decide it is needed). $10 USD... huge value.
    "Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"The right to free speech is more important than the content of the speech."

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."

- Voltaire

Blog Entries
    The DMs Guide (or CKs guide) is not needed for D&D (or C&C).
    C&C is very good value on FG.

MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Even the print version of the PHB has a very solid section on DMing Castles and Crusades. While the CKG has some great stuff in it that is super useful, including optional rules, all you need is the Players Handbook ( which I might add, is still free as a pdf from Troll Lords web site).
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

Thread Information