STAR TREK 2d20

Questions about specifics for gifting

I run a D&D community with multiple DMs.
    It is my intentions to get Fantasy Grounds into the hands of some of the other DMs but I am trying to figure out the best way to deploy it incrementally.

There are some of the DMs I trust that if I tossed the $150 at them they would buy Fantasy Grounds and I would have them around for years. It would be well worth it.

There are some I don't quite trust to hand the $150, but I know if I bought them FG they would use it and stick around.

There are some I am unsure about so I would like to guy them the standard and see if they put the effort into learning it before I buy them the upgrade to ultimate. This part I am unsure of. I know I can gift the standard, I know I can gift Ultimate. I am just not sure if I can gift the upgrade.

Another thing I am curious about is if I can just buy multiple copies of FG for my own account and let them use the keys, without risk of the keys being removed from my account and lost to me forever. That way if at any time one of my DMs just up and leaves my community I can just.. pass that key to the next DM in my group. In this final case I would certainly be more willing to and eager to spend the money. It's easier for me to justify buying 10 copies and sharing it with 10 DMs than it is to buy 5 different people copies knowing they could walk at any moment and I am just shafted.

I don't think you can gift the upgrade - I can't find such in the store so I assume that the only way to upgrade is via the upgrade button on the start screen.

Buying licenses and allowing others to use them from your account is against the EULA.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The upgrade is in the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...d=FGU03UPGRADE

Also not sure whether one can gift it like licenses; maybe, I do not see a point against that Actually, you can test, because there is a 30-days refund guarantee So, you can reimburse it if it fails (or someone who actually knows it will answer here )

Blog Entries
    I don't think you would have a problem with the first two (gifting) approaches. I would check with support on the third possibility. As stated, it's against the EULA as RAW, but I don't think RAI (to use RPG terms), but just so you don't risk losing all your licensees, I would make sure to get the OK from SmiteWorks.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The upgrade is in the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...d=FGU03UPGRADE

Also not sure whether one can gift it like licenses; maybe, I do not see a point against that Actually, you can test, because there is a 30-days refund guarantee So, you can reimburse it if it fails (or someone who actually knows it will answer here )
    How did you find that on the store?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I would just ask support. It may not be something they've encountered before. And as others have said, sharing licenses is generally against the ToS, but I know many companies offer "site licenses" for organizations that have multiple users operating together. Maybe they would put something together for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    How did you find that on the store?
    I googled it I can never find it directly in the store

You MIGHT be able to gift it through STEAM. Steam allows games to be gifted. Maybe they'd allow you to buy it through steam as a gift.

Thread Information