FG Spreadshirt Swag

Penetrating attacks on NPCs?

Is there a way to specify penetrating attacks on NPCs? I can't seem to figure it out.

I assume by "penetrating" you mean that it's not affected by damage reduction or resistances!?
    If that is that case, you can just make the damage untyped, meaning you leave the damage value and remove the damage type in any attack. So for example "Bite +8 (1d6+5 P)", will be changed to "Bite +8 (1d6+5)". If you do this the damage will never get reduced by damage reduction or resistances, even if the target has "RESIST: X all".
    Hope that's what you're looking for.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Not exactly. Weapons in starfinder can have the property penetrating based on their level. This means they ignore a certain amount of hardness. I noticed that the items catalogue doesn't actually have this property on weapons and I'm wondering if Fantasy Grounds supports it at all!

https://www.starjammersrd.com/equipm...s/penetrating/

Oh well, hardness X gets parsed into RESIST: X all. But since it's equal to the weapons level you actually have a numeric property to it, which makes it a bit harder to automate. You can't reduce RESIST with another effect since it doesn't support negative values. You can counteract it with VULN. But you'd have to make sure the weapon level isn't greater than the actual resistance.
    I think it's easiest to make sure how much hardness anything has, how much that get's reduced by the penetrating weapon and add that much damage via the Modifier Box.
    For example a robotic arm has 5 hardness you have a level 5 weapon with penetrating, type a 5 into the modifier box and roll damage.
    The arm has 10 hardness and you have a level 5 weapon with penetrating, type a 5 into the modifier box and roll damage.
    The arm has 5 hardness and you have a level 10 weapon with penetrating, type a 5 into the modifier box and roll damage.
    I hope you can see where I'm coming from. I know it's not the cleanest solution, but I think it's easy enough to implement in play without a big incovinience.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Thread Information