FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    This is great. Thank you for updating this.
    I'm curious if it is possible to edit the fields (like the names for abilities) to adapt this for other Forged in the Dark systems?

Hi Raithe, I’ve not played many other Forged in the Dark games but I could give it a go. How much do you think would need to be customisable? Prowess/Insight/Resolve and Hunt/Prowl/Consort etc definitely. Possibly Coin/Load and the labels on the custom crew sheet too.

Band of Blades looks very different though, I’m not sure that would adapt well.

Quote Originally Posted by GladysGlitch View Post
    Prowess/Insight/Resolve and Hunt/Prowl/Consort etc definitely. Possibly Coin/Load and the labels on the custom crew sheet too.

Band of Blades looks very different though, I’m not sure that would adapt well.
    That sounds exactly what I was looking for.
    On the player sheet: XP, Insight/Prowess/Resolve and their subsequent actions, Coin
    On the crew sheet: Lair, Turf and the Lair/Quality/Training sections on the upgrades tab.

I was looking at Runners in the Shadows, and most of it is just cosmetic flavour and to stop my more easily confused players from scratching their heads when I call for a Fight roll instead of Skirmish.
    There is a section for tracking implants but I think my players can do that under the notes tab with little issue.

Update

09/04/22 – Unity version

Okay, I’ve added a [Forged] option to character and crew sheets. If you select that you should be able to edit any fields that are underlined. Blank fields go back to their default. Any issues or other suggestions let me know.

Also:
    • Changed action and resist roll messages to reflect new forged names.
    • Removed extra resist roll messages for resolve/prowess
    • Stopped custom lair descriptions from disappearing.
    • Fixed inventory load calculation
    • Fixed some issues with locking vehicle/items
    • Changed party sheet background on the order tab so the grid is clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by GladysGlitch View Post
    09/04/22 – Unity version

Okay, I’ve added a [Forged] option to character and crew sheets. If you select that you should be able to edit any fields that are underlined. Blank fields go back to their default. Any issues or other suggestions let me know.
    [/LIST]
    Thank you that was faster than I could have hoped for.
    Out of curiousity are there tutorials for learning to do this or does it a greater level of programming expertise?
    I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, as of last November, and it has been an interesting learning experience.

Psicodelix made a great tool for creating rulesets called Ruleset Wizard: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nt-environment
    I found Damned's videos very helpful to get started: https://www.youtube.com/c/DamianHupfeld/videos
    There's also a developer guide on the wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eveloper_Guide
    Generally I've found these forums and the official fantasy grounds discord very friendly and happy to help with questions : )

Any chance you could make this available in the Forge? Then updates are easy and automatically applied with other FG updates.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Creating a new NPC gives me errors and deprecation warnings with the newest Unity ruleset updates.

Code:
    [7/16/2022 10:25:43 AM] [WARNING]  Could not load script file (BitD) (npc_header) (campaign/scripts/npc_header.lua)
    [7/16/2022 10:25:43 AM] s'link_record_header_id template - DEPRECATED - 2022-07-12 - Use link_record_header'
    [7/16/2022 10:25:43 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
    [7/16/2022 10:25:43 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
    [7/16/2022 10:25:44 AM] [WARNING]  Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    Edit: Similar errors are produced when creating a new item in the Items library.
    Last edited by wndrngdru; July 16th, 2022 at 23:20. Reason: Additional Errors
    --
    I'm so bassic

I've also noticed the dice rolling isn't working correctly for actions that have zero dots when pushing yourself. It should just roll 1d, but it's rolling 2d and taking taking the lowest.
    Same for getting assistance (or both).

This is probably more of a feature request but, according to the rule, you can't get +1d for both Push Yourself and Devil's Bargain. It's one or the other. So it would be cool if, when you clicked one of those two, it would evaluate the state of the other one and clear it if previously checked.

Even bigger feature request (and purely icing on the cake) would be for the dice result to list which bonus dice were used in the roll.

I really do love the effort you've put into this. It's pretty amazing!
    --
    I'm so bassic

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look when I have some free time.
    I think the push yourself/devil's bargain kept messing up so I changed them to reminders only and players just manually increase the number of bonus dice instead but I can look at adding that back in.

Thread Information