5E Character Create Playlist

Selectable languages in Chat menu

Hi everyone,
    I have a strange issue with the selectable languages on the chat menu.

I have defined new languages in the "manager_gamesystem.lua" like this in this example:
    Code:
    function onInit()
    	ActionsManager.useFGUDiceValues(true);

-- Languages
    	languages = {
    		[Interface.getString("language_value_Basic")] = "Basic",
    	}

languagefonts = {
    		[Interface.getString("language_value_Binary")] = "Infernal",
    	}
    end
    I also made the corresponding changes to the "strings_35e.xml" file, i.e.
    Code:
    <!-- Languages -->
    <string name="language_value_Basic">Basic</string>
    If I load the ruleset in FGC, it all works out just fine. If I load the ruleset in FGU, the languages are not recognized instead the standard languages of the layered 3.5e are being displayed.

The ruleset can be found here in case you want to see the full picture:
    https://github.com/FGMephisto/FG_Sta...leases/tag/1.0

Anyone has an idea? Did I overlook an xml/lua where I would need to adjust this further?
    Last edited by Mephisto; March 5th, 2021 at 08:28.

Moved this post to the Workshop forum - this is the correct place to post questions about code. The Laboratory (where this was originally posted) is for questions/issues with a currently in test version of FG.

I've tested and it works fine in FGU for me. The chat dropdown and the Languages list in the options window show the SW languages.

Languages are loaded from the ruleset/extensions when the campaign is loaded for the first time - setting the values in the FG database <languages> node hierarchy. If you change the languages setup in a ruleset and load the same campaign, you won't see the new languages - which is what I'm guessing is happening with you. You'll either need to load a new campaign or manually delete all of the language entries from the "Languages" window (button in the Options window) and then reload the campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you so much! That was exactly the issue.

I'm learning how to create my own custom mods and extensions so this is all new to me. If I'm trying to load a custom font for use in creating custom languages for the 5e ruleset, would I need to create a new ruleset or just a basic extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilrich View Post
    I'm learning how to create my own custom mods and extensions so this is all new to me. If I'm trying to load a custom font for use in creating custom languages for the 5e ruleset, would I need to create a new ruleset or just a basic extension?
    You'd need to create an extension.

Here's an example for Unity: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Fonts-for-FGU

And here's an example for FG Classic, with information in post #2 regarding what is needed in the extension (which is valid for both FGC and FGU): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-(FG-v3-1-3-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information