FG Spreadshirt Swag

Unable to Install on Linux

I downloaded the installer from the website and launched it. It gets as far as launching the updater, which flashes for an instance and then crashes with no errors.

Code:
    XXXXX:~/Downloads$ ./FGUWebInstall.bin 

Self Extracting Installer

./files.tar
    ./installer
    Installing Fantasy Grounds Unity...
    mkdir: created directory '/home/XXXXX/.smiteworks'
    mkdir: created directory '/home/XXXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds'
    Launching Fantasy Grounds Updater...
    There's not much in the FantasyGroundsUpdator.log file:
    Code:
    args: /home/XXXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater
    App directory is /home/XXXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds
    FGUpdaterEngine path is /home/XXXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    Looking for update in /home/XXXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW
    /home/XXXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW not found
    Changing directory to /home/XXXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine
    Launching FGUpdaterEngine: /home/XXXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    Running with sudo makes no difference.
    "Everything started as somebody's daydream." -- Larry Niven

My first guess would be video drivers. Check to make sure they are up-to-date. If that doesn't fix the issue, ping me on Discord (smelton#0068) and I can help troubleshoot.

It did, indeed, appear to be a video driver issue. Thanks.
    "Everything started as somebody's daydream." -- Larry Niven

I am having the same issue. I have tries Ubuntu 22.04 and Zorin 16.

Quote Originally Posted by mordrene View Post
    I am having the same issue. I have tries Ubuntu 22.04 and Zorin 16.
    And did you make sure your video drivers are up to date which is how this issue was solved, or did you not read the rest of the thread.

If you have updated video drivers and it is still an issue post some actual information instead of just a "me too" reply, then someone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    And did you make sure your video drivers are up to date which is how this issue was solved, or did you not read the rest of the thread.

If you have updated video drivers and it is still an issue post some actual information instead of just a "me too" reply, then someone can help.
    yes i have the intel graphics card and uploaded the latest mesa drivers and still it did not work. I have tried this on 2 distros and they are acting the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mordrene View Post
    I have tried this on 2 distros and they are acting the same.
    What, exactly, is happening? Please provide more information so that we can try to help you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Netzilla View Post
    It did, indeed, appear to be a video driver issue. Thanks.
    I am having a similar issue, A window briefly flashes on the screen, and then here is the output:

Code:
    env GDK_BACKEND=x11 ./FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64 
    Set current directory to /home/dominic/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine
    Found path: /home/dominic/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    Loading in SingleInstance mode
    Aborted
    Using an ATI video card: FirePro V3900
    radeon kernel mode dri2
    Last edited by dimonic; November 23rd, 2022 at 18:20.

Have you updated your video drivers to the latest versions as suggested in the original post?

Otherwise, please provide the Unity game engine log located at this file location immediately after a failed launch.
    ~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/FGUpdaterEngine/Player.log

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Have you updated your video drivers to the latest versions as suggested in the original post?

Otherwise, please provide the Unity game engine log located at this file location immediately after a failed launch.
    ~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/FGUpdaterEngine/Player.log

Regards,
    JPG
    My drivers were as up to date as the distro permitted (Artix), and I couldn't find out how to improve matters. I switched to devuan and it worked first try, so I am moving on with that.

Thread Information