DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sound effects and background music

Hi all,

A while back, I tried to incorporate background music and sound triggers using Syrinscape, Discord, and FantasyGrounds. I got it to work, but unfortunately using Voicemeter I could never get my camera and microphone and speakers to work how I needed to for work calls, so I uninstalled everything. With the new unity platform or any other developments, is there a better way to do this now without having to use Voicemeter or jump through the hoops of multiple Discords, etc.? We generally use Discord but can use any other voice platform if there is a better way to do it? Can someone explain or direct me to the best way to do background music and sound effects on unity without having to redirect everything?

Apologies if this is not the best forum for this but since it seemed tech related I thought so.

I use this guy's method. It uses the VB-Audio Virtual Cable, but it's a lot simpler than voicemeter. The only requirement is that you have your own server (or are really good friends with person who's server you're using) to set up the bot.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thanks. This looks a lot better. Do you know if it will work with sound effect triggers in FG the same way?

Blog Entries
    Discord servers are free, and easy to setup

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

this is what I did, and it was real easy to set up

https://youtu.be/lZ1FlHRjthc

this is the original post, goto post #6
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cord-Audio-Bot

MOD: Merged and moved post into Tavern. Please don't create duplicate posts as this could cause a fragment of the discussion.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Jendar41 View Post
    Thanks. This looks a lot better. Do you know if it will work with sound effect triggers in FG the same way?
    As long as you're using an extension of some type that will trigger sounds, yes.
    I use celestion's AudioOverseer, but there are a couple others floating around as well.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information