DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    While the functions for dealing with decks does already exist, I don't think there are any functions to pull a specific card. Most other systems, at least all I am aware of, use a simple numeral initiative. Savage Worlds uses a card deck sorted by suites, already built in obviously, with stuff triggered by suites and card value so it is a bit more complicated than just changing a number. Detecting where and what value of card to pull would probably be the biggest amount of work I bet.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I am no programmer. But I am willing to bet the deck is just an extrapolated set of 54 numbers, stack ranked. The only issue becomes if the initiative you need to move to is already an assigned card. That is when decimals, like a .5, or maybe an Ace of Heart (B) type coding might work.

For as nice and easy as it is in D&D to just reset imitative numbers, I sure wish I could drag and assign NPCs like Familiars, Pets and such under a character like you can in Savage Worlds. Guess they each have their pros and cons.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    I am no programmer. But I am willing to bet the deck is just an extrapolated set of 54 numbers, stack ranked. The only issue becomes if the initiative you need to move to is already an assigned card. That is when decimals, like a .5, or maybe an Ace of Heart (B) type coding might work.

For as nice and easy as it is in D&D to just reset imitative numbers, I sure wish I could drag and assign NPCs like Familiars, Pets and such under a character like you can in Savage Worlds. Guess they each have their pros and cons.
    I saw a recent tip that the GM could drag a NPC link onto a player portrait and that would give them control. I have no idea if that nested them under the PC for initiative and such (I do not play D&D anymore).

The list is not reordered. There no need to move the pointer either in most cases. It has worked this way for years without complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Coming off hold doesn't change the turn order in CT because it doesn't matter. The character goes when the player declares they're doing so (more or less, according to the SWADE rules). The turn is resolved immediately, so no need to update the CT turn order.
    This is the answer in a nut shell. The CT does need to deal with the change because there no change.

What happens next is dynamic and depends on a roll off. In rare cases you can get two actions occuring at the same time. On a players turn their initiative card is discarded by right clicking on it and selecting "Hold". The joker bonus is retained. Move onto the next person on the tracker. To request interrupt later right click the hold icon and the request will drop to chat.

That chat message signals a roll off for initative using athletics. So you jump in and take over and then go back to where the interrupt occured. Or interupt action will be too slow and will go before the next person on the CT. It is actually possible to get a draw and the GM simply determines the outcome or both people moving at same time.

Also note that a hold can carry over between rounds. The CT will warn people at the end of the round that there is unresolved holds in place. However it is possible to carry over to the next round. There will be no card deal but the players starts at the top of the CT on hold in the new round.

It is fairly easy once you have gotten into the habit of right clicking hold on and off as required.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I am sure the player that got interrupted will remember it was their turn.
    Yes I agree. A GM can get his hands full and forget things but the players usually really good at keeping things straight. If in doubt it all goes to chat message order anyway. Players can check that it there not sure. IMHO it is a cleaner UI system that say using D&D 5E Ready Action and Reactions which also jump around initiative order.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; March 10th, 2021 at 15:53.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Thread Information