Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Combat Tracker - Joker/On Hold

    Can anyone explain or link me to a video showing how to properly do turn order in regards to jokers and going on hold? I can't figure out how to manually reorder the turn list and going off hold doesn't seem to do anything other than post a chat message.

  2. #2
    Coming off hold doesn't change the turn order in CT because it doesn't matter. The character goes when the player declares they're doing so (more or less, according to the SWADE rules). The turn is resolved immediately, so no need to update the CT turn order.

    Pretty much the same thing with Jokers. It's like being on hold with a +2.

    Just move the turn indicator to the interrupting character, then move it to the next character in the list.

    Does that answer your question?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    186
    I do not think there is much automation here other than you right click on them in the CT to go on hold. When they want off hold they can do the same and its puts the message to chat. Then if you can move that triangle indicate back up to them (its easier to scroll up and grab the one that on the CT frame at the bottom). Then you have to remember whose turn it was and go back to them.

    Maybe if we could get an indicator of a different color that leaves the old one in place it would work smoother.

  4. #4
    Okay, good to know. Personally, I would prefer if it was possible to reorder the list, but even some sort of indicator could be nice. It just means I need to remember or write down whose turn it will be after the joker/hold player finishes their turn. Thanks for the replies.

  5. #5
    I am sure the player that got interrupted will remember it was their turn.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I am sure the player that got interrupted will remember it was their turn.
    That's assuming that A, it was an interrupt and B, it was a player.

  7. #7
    Mgrancey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA area
    Posts
    974
    If I forget where I was I just check the chat log. I admit it would nice if it was easy to move players or NPCs to where the interrupt but probably a big effort to fix in code.
    Location: Central Pa (East -5)
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    If I forget where I was I just check the chat log. I admit it would nice if it was easy to move players or NPCs to where the interrupt but probably a big effort to fix in code.
    As a programmer, honestly, I can't see how it would be that difficult. We're talking about a sorted array that re-sorts every round already, this isn't rocket science. I mean, I assume that the D&D 4E module must support it since the rules for 4E require initiatives to change when held actions trigger. The effort is likely going to be from the UX standpoint, but I'd be happy enough with right clicking on a character and saying move before/after current acting character.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbrown30 View Post
    As a programmer, honestly, I can't see how it would be that difficult. We're talking about a sorted array that re-sorts every round already, this isn't rocket science. I mean, I assume that the D&D 4E module must support it since the rules for 4E require initiatives to change when held actions trigger. The effort is likely going to be from the UX standpoint, but I'd be happy enough with right clicking on a character and saying move before/after current acting character.
    Maybe you can write an extension that does it? Ikael has left some good examples of Savage Worlds extensions on the sub-forum.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Maybe you can write an extension that does it? Ikael has left some good examples of Savage Worlds extensions on the sub-forum.
    Yeah, maybe. We'll see if I find the motivation to learn (effectively) another language just to add this feature.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in