STAR TREK 2d20

Weapon Damage Type for Fury Raging Resistance

Hi

Sorry to ask another question so soon after the last one. Our barbarian with Fury as his instinct is hitting 9th level, and his Raging Resistance ability is
    You resist physical weapon damage, but not physical damage from other sources (such as unarmed attacks).

I've added an effect for this to his Rage action (thanks to the excellent SR Drag N Drop module), but from reading the effects wiki I can't see that Weapon damage is a valid damage type. So I've done this:
    rage.JPG

Just realised I've mis-spelled bludgeoning so am sorting that now

I'm aware that if anything hits with natural weapons, I'm going to need to add that damage manually that the resistance has removed.

Is this the best way to do this? Just wondering if anyone else has any Fury Barbarians and how they've dealt with this.

Thanks

Try physical which should cover all three bludgeoning, piercing and slashing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe, having a single physical resistance type is more elegant. I guess there's no other option to differentiate weapon damage from natural attacks in FG, but can manually adjust those ones.

I can’t get the RESIST to work when trying to reflect the CON bonus, so ‘RESIST: 5 physical’ works, but ‘RESIST: [CON] +3 physical’ doesn’t apply any resistance (nor does it if I try it without the +3). What’s the right syntax?

try using a comma. RESIST: [CON]+3, physical

Also, for these variables to work they need to be setup as an Effect action in the PC sheet actions tab. The replacement will occur as the effect is applied to the combat tracker. The substitution won't occur for effects manually added or edited directly in the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for replies both, I'd been testing it as an effect I manually added to the combat tracker, but now I have it on as an effect on the character sheet that targets self it works (with the comma). I guess I hadn't thought about the difference, makes sense FG would only know your CON bonus if you were actually targeting yourself... (DOH!)

Thread Information