5E Character Create Playlist

Die Roll Background Lighting

FGU Latest Version 5e. I've noticed after the latest update that there appears to be an artificial light source that emanates from the top part of the chat box. When one of my dice finishes it's roll near the top it is creating a glare on the die (dice) that make it difficult to read the number. Is anyone else seeing this?

Blog Entries
    Screen shot please?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Screen shot please?
    Here you go. You can see a lighting effect on the die face. It seems to be more prominent the higher up in the box the die lands. Die color seems to make a difference in terms of severity. Reflective Die .png

Looking good and realistic.
    If you would roll your die with this color combination on a real table with sunshine, it would be hard to read too.
    Why not make the numbers black? You would have the perfect contrast of black and yellow for better readability or why not just looking at the big number shown down in the chat line?
    I think the reflection on the dice, is a nice added bonus to the realism of the looks of those dice, compared to other programms that have very computerised looking dice with overly sharp edges and such, I find the ones in FG looking very real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnx333 View Post
    Looking good and realistic.
    If you would roll your die with this color combination on a real table with sunshine, it would be hard to read too.
    Why not make the numbers black? You would have the perfect contrast of black and yellow for better readability or why not just looking at the big number shown down in the chat line?
    I think the reflection on the dice, is a nice added bonus to the realism of the looks of those dice, compared to other programms that have very computerised looking dice with overly sharp edges and such, I find the ones in FG looking very real.
    No one games with direct sun ever touching the table...

Blog Entries
    I play with open windows on 3 sides. But none of that matters.

The issue is the Devs have changed something and it's causing an issue for someone. Moon will no doubt see this thread and internalize it. It may or may not be something they look at changing with a future build.

EDIT: in the mean time, you may have to change your dice color to higher contrast settings that work better with the new changes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The higher contrast will help quite a bit. I filed a lower priority ticket internally to review the dice lighting at some point. We're quite deep into vision/lighting, and getting that out; so all non-ruleset, non-vision/lighting updates are de-prioritized for us right now.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The higher contrast will help quite a bit. I filed a lower priority ticket internally to review the dice lighting at some point. We're quite deep into vision/lighting, and getting that out; so all non-ruleset, non-vision/lighting updates are de-prioritized for us right now.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks, much appreciated. Can't wait for vision and lighting!!!!

Thread Information