STAR TREK 2d20

Create your own Art Pack

Watched a couple You Tube videos discussing creating maps, map packs, brushes etc for the new mapping functions. What I haven't been able to find is how you bundle all the backgrounds, tiles, brushes together to create your own "Art Pack" that will show up in Assets like the ones that FG publishes. Since they are locked, I can't get in there and poke around in the xml data obviously. Is there a sample freebee that isn't locked or a guide somewhere?

I have quite a number of assets, but "Assets" don't retain LOS that has been set up, as far as I can tell, and images in the image list don't have an image preview. I have been adding LOS and grids to my tile sets, but now I want to use them. How is the best way to go about creating an asset pack? And how do I keep the LOS?

Watch Josh’s videos on the Fantasy Grounds YouTube channel.

LoS is exported when you export to a module. So import the assets to a campaign, add the LOS and then export to a module. The assets should then be available in any other campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Actually, that is incorrect. The LOS gets exported with the images in the module, but does not carry over with the images as assets for map making by default.

Found the answer:

First you need to import the the images into a new campaign and define the LOS for each one. (see the video below)

Second, once the LOS markup is complete, export the images as a module.

Third, export the LOS definitions. On one of Doug's videos he demonstrates an external program that exports the LOS info from the csmpaign db.xml file to individual xml files that reside with the images in the campaign images folder. You need to download this tool, run it on each folder to add the xml to the images folder, and you must then manually add those xml file to the module you have created to carry over the LOS definitions.

Building a Tile Pack for Fantasy Grounds Unity start around 43:00

the tool is available here:
    Fantasy Grounds LOS Tool

If you open Library and add the module, the contents of the module appear under the Images tab and under Assets . If you do not add it through the Library tab, the images still appear under Assets and are usable for making maps.
    Last edited by CarlPalmer; March 3rd, 2021 at 14:30.

Sorry I misread your post; I thought you just wanted a module of premade maps. You should be able to extract the LoS using the tool directly into the exported images module. See video sixteen here on how to use the tool. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Oooh! Nice collection of videos and information there. Thanks for pointing out that post.

@carlpalmer - Curious: what videos did you watch for the creating maps, map packs, brushes etc for the new mapping functions? I'm going to go down the road of doing this so wondered what were the best videos to start with.

Thread Information