DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Pointer tooltip

Quote Originally Posted by Exarx View Post
    The players log, that looks weird for the untrained eye.

{lost of info}...
    OK, so this one shows loading the Savage Worlds ruleset, whereas your previous log snipets showed just loading the CoreRPG ruleset.

Do you see the same in CoreRPG and Savage Worlds? If so, let's please try to keep to the same setup so that we can actually debug against a level playing field without things changing...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Jiminimonka! Did not know that.

I have now attached to my original post.

Yes Trenloe, I wanted to see whether it was the same problem with Core and it was. I wanted to find out if it was something wrong with Savage Worlds ruleset.
    Last edited by Exarx; March 2nd, 2021 at 21:08.

Exarx, I see the same thing on my maps in the SWADE ruleset. If the pointer is exactly horizontal or vertical, it calculates in legible decimal values. If it's at any angle, it gives something that looks like a division by pi. Toggling raw distance off "fixes" it.

I'm tempted to turn on raw distance for my next game session to drive my players crazy.

Can you provide a zipped up copy of the CoreRPG campaign that you created with the problematic image record?

I'm only getting one decimal place of precision on the targeting arrows when I create a brand new CoreRPG campaign image and use raw distance and turn off grid snapping.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Exarx, I see the same thing on my maps in the SWADE ruleset. If the pointer is exactly horizontal or vertical, it calculates in legible decimal values. If it's at any angle, it gives something that looks like a division by pi. Toggling raw distance off "fixes" it.

I'm tempted to turn on raw distance for my next game session to drive my players crazy.
    You have a Mac as well? Trying to see if its "just macs". Yeah, this sucks.
    Makes me a little sad that I pumped so much money into it when im hearing all the good things bout Foundry. But I hope this will be solved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you provide a zipped up copy of the CoreRPG campaign that you created with the problematic image record?

I'm only getting one decimal place of precision on the targeting arrows when I create a brand new CoreRPG campaign image and use raw distance and turn off grid snapping.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Im at work now, but will post when I get home (in about 8,5 hours).

Thanks all who are helping and taking a look into it! Very appretiated.

Moon Wizard:
    So I cleared the console and started up my Core testcampaign. And Lo and behold it worked!
    Saved the consoleresult.
    Loaded my Savage world campaign and it did not work there.
    So Im leaning toward that something is broken with SW??

fgu_logs_20210303.zip

The logs won't help unless there is specifically an error reported in the console that pops open; or if we're working through a networking issue. It is not related to Mac either.

Narrowing down to SavageWorlds ruleset does help; and I was able to recreate with that information after playing around a bit.

I looked at the SW ruleset code; and it is overriding the measurement function to return it's own value. So, I'll need to review what it is doing; and see if something that can be fixed in API or in the ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok, after review, this is something that needs to be fixed in the ruleset. I will run my fix past the ruleset developer, and see if we can push a fix for next week.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information