FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Yeah, sure Just need to know your code and maybe a short description what it is doing (preferable in the format of the wiki, then I can just copy&paste it into the cheat sheet for effects )

I was actually working on making it's own thread, but I was going to split out the fifth modifier from the Min/Max, as the fifth is just a logical progression from the half, third, and fourth modifiers already out there, the only choice I made was what the letter for the modifier would be. So adding in the F for fifth and then just doing the same thing as T and Q but diving by 5. Once I remove the fifth modifier, I'll make the thread.

So for the wiki it would be F {other tag} Fifth of the other tag.

I'll edit this later (the extension is on my development computer) to add the fifth modifier extension here so Kel can see the code.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DCrumb; April 17th, 2021 at 03:29. Reason: Add license file to extension

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    I was actually working on making it's own thread, but I was going to split out the fifth modifier from the Min/Max, as the fifth is just a logical progression from the half, third, and fourth modifiers already out there, the only choice I made was what the letter for the modifier would be. So adding in the F for fifth and then just doing the same thing as T and Q but diving by 5. Once I remove the fifth modifier, I'll make the thread.

I'll edit this later (the extension is on my development computer) to add the fifth modifier extension here so Kel can see the code.
    That is nice. This would be helpfull. I also got some abilities that would need 1/6, I guess that is copy paste?
    That would be great😃

Actually, it is find the lines where there are the comments where I added F, and say add X to the string decoder (in two places), then find the ability helper which actually breaks down the string and add the math to divide by 6.

Could one do 1/5 damage like in Shadow Conjuration? Does this only work in FGU or FGC also?

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    That is nice. This would be helpfull. I also got some abilities that would need 1/6, I guess that is copy paste?
    That would be great
    lol, we can add that, too; does someone also need a 1/7 or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    lol, we can add that, too; does someone also need a 1/7 or so?
    There actually are 1/7 ability spell effects in PFRPG if I remember correctly, but I can't remember what they are...
    Adding it messes up the fairly intuitive pattern of Half, Third, Quarter, Fifth, Sixth, [seventh]. The S is already taken

I suggested using V for Seventh and X for Sixth. That way I tried to avoided it looking like SSTR if trying to use sixth strength.

I suggested using V for Seventh and X for Sixth. That way I tried to avoided it looking like SSTR if trying to use sixth strength.
    But V is 5, and X is 10. Why does this have to look like roman numerals.

Personal peeve aside, I feel like combining some special character with number such as
    %6 or /6 or 6/
    would be more clear than remembering:
    H,T,Q,F,X(s),V,???

Might be bit tougher in lua to implement, and deviates from the usual format, but also is more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Corun View Post
    But V is 5, and X is 10. Why does this have to look like roman numerals.

Personal peeve aside, I feel like combining some special character with number such as
    %6 or /6 or 6/
    would be more clear than remembering:
    H,T,Q,F,X(s),V,???

Might be bit tougher in lua to implement, and deviates from the usual format, but also is more flexible.
    The reason I used T and Q in my original expansion of the effects parsing is because H and T were already present.
    Changing these would mean that existing content and player's characters would be obsolete (and since I was aiming to have that change included in FG rulesets I did not want that).

Personally I think the solution that makes the most sense in an extension would be to have both options. Extending the multiplier (currently 2-9) to support decimal numbers would be a pretty decent solution or a new division syntax as you suggest. The important thing is to have it be parallel to the letters so as not to break existing effects.

Thread Information