FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    So a question on what H[TAG], T[TAG], and Q[TAG] return? Do they only return whole numbers? Or do they return fractions? If they only return whole numbers, the expression becomes easier for damage: DMG: 2 2[QBAB] ,melee and DMG: 3 3[QBAB] ,melee.
    They always return total numbers

Your formulas are wrong by the way, multipliers need to be in the square brackets like [2BAB], and they cannot be combined with Q etc., so, neither 2[QBAB] nor [2QBAB] will work

So we don't have multipliers outside of other tags? So no 2*2d6?

Edit: Just tested this. It does recognize multiplication. So we could write the expression as DMG:2 2*[QBAB] ,melee and DMG:3 3*[QBAB] ,melee

Edit again: Tested again, it is ignoring the * and treating it as a space or a plus
    Last edited by DCrumb; March 17th, 2021 at 06:40. Reason: Testing

So we don't have multipliers outside of other tags? So no 2*2d6?

Edit: Just tested this. It does recognize multiplication. So we could write the expression as DMG:2 2*[QBAB] ,melee and DMG:3 3*[QBAB] ,melee

Edit again: Tested again, it is ignoring the * and treating it as a space or a plus
    yeah, these things are rather simple right now So, one needs to add code for more complex stuff

I saw that during testing. I'm just now looking at the coding in the 3.5 ruleset. I have to wrap my brain around the differences between lua and C++ (the last major language I coded in). And then figure out how to merge the changes I want, rather than rewrite the entire thing.

I saw that during testing. I'm just now looking at the coding in the 3.5 ruleset. I have to wrap my brain around the differences between lua and C++ (the last major language I coded in). And then figure out how to merge the changes I want, rather than rewrite the entire thing.
    Here is how to modify a single function:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post546087

The main issue with this sort of modification is that lua's match syntax is fairly rudimentary, but I think you might be able to get that multiplication thing to work.

As Kelrugem says, it's whole numbers (rounded down).

Here is a thread that has some information on the functions you're interested in:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ers-in-effects
    Last edited by bmos; March 19th, 2021 at 13:58.

After looking at the code more, I don't think it is necessarily in the 3.5 ruleset. It looks more into CoreRPG and the string manager functions of parsing the words of an effect. I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around how it works and probably will need to break down an effect string to see where I need to adjust it.

After looking at the code more, I don't think it is necessarily in the 3.5 ruleset. It looks more into CoreRPG and the string manager functions of parsing the words of an effect. I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around how it works and probably will need to break down an effect string to see where I need to adjust it.
    It's not. The stuff you're interested in is evalAbilityHelper and evalEffect in 3.5E's EffectsManager.
    ([HTQ%d]?) populates sModifier with the piece of the effect such as H, T, Q, or a multiplier.
    Then later on sModifier is looked at to figure out what it means.
    Theoretically you would have to look at sModifier and split it into separate letters and numbers and then handle them as you would like. You may also have to change ([HTQ%d]?) to ([HTQ]?[%d]?) if you want it to get an optional letter AND an optional number.

I had tried this at one point, but I was trying to set it up to allow decimal multipliers so it was a bit more complex so I gave up and went with HTQ.
    Last edited by bmos; March 19th, 2021 at 17:57.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    If you want to make it even more succinct you can combine the multiple DMG modifiers to a single DMG entry.
    Power Attack 1-H; ATK: -1 [-QBAB] ,melee; DMG: 2 [QBAB] [QBAB] ,melee;
    Power Attack 2-H; ATK: -1 [-QBAB] ,melee; DMG: 3 [QBAB] [QBAB] [QBAB] ,melee;

Which may, or may not, be less confusing
    This did not work in my game tonight. I will test more sometime and get back in here.

EDIT: did not have spaces between [QBAB] entries. probably this is why.
    EDIT2: looks like the spaces are important
    Last edited by bmos; March 20th, 2021 at 01:24.

One of the problems of using decimal notation is that when the parse words function is called from the effect function is that it includes the . as a delimiter, such that 2.5 becomes 2 and 5 (still not sure what happens to the .).

One of the problems of using decimal notation is that when the parse words function is called from the effect function is that it includes the . as a delimiter, such that 2.5 becomes 2 and 5 (still not sure what happens to the .).
    Could it be because the decimal is the "any character" wildcard, perhaps?
    If this is the issue, you'd need a line that escapes any found decimals with a percent symbol.

What abilities would a decimal operator allow automation of? Isn't it all half/third/quarter?

What would be pretty incredible would be math.max and max.min access from effects. This has been talked about on the forums many times, but never implemented (that I'm aware).
    Last edited by bmos; March 20th, 2021 at 01:40.

Thread Information