DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom Text Highlighting

I can't see a way to do more than bold or italics in text in FGU. Is that accurate? I ask because this is the last barrier to me being able to ditch my other GM tools and go full FGU (cutting prep time considerably). I saw a feature request for full RTF formatting, but I don't need that kind of complexity. I just need a handful (three) custom highlights so that I can pull the important bits from the walls of text on the fly.

And note, I might have jumped the gun a bit as I submitted a feature request before I thought to actually, you know, ask...

Thanks,
    Jacob

You forgot underline ��

Other than that there is no other text formatting or highlighting.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There's also header text, tables, bullet lists.

See the various options available here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ed-Text-Fields
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There's also header text, tables, bullet lists.

See the various options available here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ed-Text-Fields
    Those aren't text highlights, they're paragraph tags. Not the same at all (you can't use them in the middle of other tags). And, so far at least, my question remains. I can't really coopt bold or italics (or underline, thanks Zacchaeus!) because those are important in their own ways...
    Last edited by Croddwyn; March 3rd, 2021 at 01:41.

Blog Entries

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Not the same thing. Which is why I made the other request I mentioned above. Implementing full-on RTF is a chore and doing it in Unity would be non-trivial. So I doubt they'll get around to it any time soon. Implementing a handful of custom tags, on the other hand, should be relatively trivial because it'd be "easy" to piggy-back it on the other format tags that they've already implemented. They'd get ~80% of the functionality people actually want and with a fraction of what it'd take for RTF compliance.

Also, just to be clear, I really appreciate the comments so far. I don't mean my responses to be dismissive in any way. One thing I like about the forums here are all the really helpful people who offer their knowledge and work-arounds. So I'm glad for that feedback, even if they weren't specifically things that help with the particular issue I'm trying to address.

Thread Information