FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by *Neuro* View Post
    So what is the feedback you can give about this system and using standard syrinscape online?

What are the PROS and CONS if each method?

I saw the youtube tutorial, but for me does not seem so easy. It is maybe for other people more versed with technology.

I would simply use syrinscape online as it is; I don't have it now but I am thinking about it.

Do you think syrinscape online AS IS is ok-ish for games in Europe and for Europeans?
    Using Syrinscape as it is, each player must sign up for an account and download the player / connect it to your game. This is truly the best way to use the product, as the player has full sound quality, surround sound and 3d sound if people have a good enough sound system / headset on each computer. But most of us have a problem that our players simply won't download it, or forget to launch it, or have technical issues themselves trying to get it working. For most, it's best the DM deals with all that, then the players can just enjoy the game.

Using the method in my video (piping audio into discord), it just works in the same channel that everyone is using to chat anyway (if you use Discord). Also other ways people have tried to push sound through Discord are more difficult and complicated and also the sound quality suffers, and so the method in my video gives you stereo quality sound other methods out there with less complexity. There is one other less complicated method where you just push audio with the virtual audio cable directly into Discord as if it's a user, but the sound quality on that is horrible.

That's the main reasons to use this method instead of using Syrinscape player itself.

Lastly your question about the is it ok for Europe or not, Syrinscape servers are cloud based (Amazon Cloud I believe), not sure what region their cloud players work in but cloud allows them to replicate / work in any region. I can't say they actually have done that though. You can always use the free version for a test run with some friends, it has enough sounds / music to play around with and see how it would work for your group. Verify that starting / stopping the sounds is not too laggy and you should be ok.
    Last edited by Amerisun; May 25th, 2021 at 15:00.
    My Youtube Channel for Tech and Gaming Tutorials
    Discord Bot for Syrinscape with Kenku Tutorial
    My Website location

Quote Originally Posted by Amerisun View Post
    What does it say inside that errorlog.txt? Usually it would say something like lost connection, or something might be off with your token.
    Thanks for the response... I was able to figure out the issue..

Once the bot is set up and it's connected to to the server, you have to make sure it has the proper role permissions within discord to connect to the voice channel.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianXi View Post
    Thanks for the response... I was able to figure out the issue..

Once the bot is set up and it's connected to to the server, you have to make sure it has the proper role permissions within discord to connect to the voice channel.
    Makes sense. The tutorial shows how to setup a bot to have access to Voice and all channels on a relatively "out of the box" vanilla Discord server. A default configuration Discord server should work fine with the tutorial.

Complications happen with how the server is setup and how the channels security are setup. Once you start adjusting the permissions / roles / channels / customizing the server even just a few configuration changes can interfere with the bots functionality based on the permissions I have used in the tutorial. YMMV depending on configuration of the Discord server, which can get quite complicated.

Thanks for reaching back out, and I add the information above for future users looking for any help out of this thread.
    My Website location

Hmm. I can't look at the vid atm as im at work so my pc isnt here,to configure..but is this exclusive to syrinscape? I use YouTube and battlebards for music. Using the virtual audio cable method the sound quality is all over the place at any given moment.

After I got the pipeline working, I was able to use this method for Spotify as well as Syrinscape but only the online version of it. The desktop version of Syrinscape doesn’t seem to output the audio with the same settings for some reason. (At the time I was trying to run a game so didn’t have time to troubleshoot)

Super annoying as I have the D&D subscription which allows creating custom soundscapes in the desktop version but not the online version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    Hmm. I can't look at the vid atm as im at work so my pc isnt here,to configure..but is this exclusive to syrinscape? I use YouTube and battlebards for music. Using the virtual audio cable method the sound quality is all over the place at any given moment.

My tutorial can be used to set up Youtube / Browser as the input instead of Syrinscape or any other application that has sound you want to pipe to Discord through the bot. I sometimes use Youtube's 2+ hour Fantasy Music playlists to do this if I want just background for a Theatre of the Mind kind of scenario instead of specific sounds I use with my Syrinscape.

The desktop Syrinscape should work, you just have to adjust in Windows where that player is outputting to.

For outputting Youtube, Syrinscape Desktop, or any other audio application try checking the tutorial below and setting it's output to the Virtual Audio Cable and it will come through the bot setup I have in the tutorial:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how...in-windows-10/

Be sure after adjusting it's output, you restart the application and ensure it stays on that new output, then you should be ok. Some applications "steal" the output and stay with it no matter what you set in Windows, so setting it and then restarting the application is crucial.

I have also added this link to my tutorial description and it's in some of the comments that helped someone else configure their output.
    My Website location

Thanks for your information. I watched your video, followed it explicitly but I can't get the audio pipe to install where it provides the dialog box that you show in your vid (where you actually select the audio cable). I was following the guide for creating the bot when when I installed (I'm installing as admin as well) the actual discord audio pipe application it goes "No Token Provided" -- every time and I tried it three times. I do exactly what you show in the vid as well -- create the Discord Audio Pipe folder in documents, create a blank .txt file called "token" also in the same Discord Audio Pipe folder. I copy the token from the bot page and paste in the token.txt, then I install the dap-2.2-win64 file in the same folder the token.txt file is in.

"No token Provided" So I'm scratching my head figuring out why its not working.

Some details.

I have two separate discord accounts (they both have Admin rights on the same discord server). Because I run my main discord on my 2nd monitor during sessions and then I have a laptop with the other discord (I call that Discord Player). The discord player , on the laptop, is where I'm trying to setup the discord audio pipe because I want to keep whatever app/site is playing the music for my game up on its on screen that I never have to minimize.

So I don't know if that matters --(logically I don't know how it would, but I figured I'd include that).

The only other thing that is slightly confusing is the screen I get when I create the bot , so in the video you show you have to select the bot role and then the rights (view channels, connect, speak) -- simple enough... the problem is on my end the scope only shows in the "OAuth2" tab, then I select the rights below it -- but then there's another tab called "Bot" where you have to check off the rights there as well....so here is what drives me nuts... the link to add the bot to the server is only on the "Oauth2" tab..and the moment I go from "bot" to "Oauth2" (or vice versa) the settings are cleared -- like I checked nothing.

My last thing, though this one I don't really care about fixing its just a ocd thing for me -- I made two bots during this testing...I have no idea how you delete bots from the Discord Developer Portal , Applications page...lol

Anyway I'm bummed because in your vid I think this would work for me, I'm desperately trying to improve the sound quality over using just a straight virtual audio cable.
    Last edited by Mytherus; June 2nd, 2021 at 04:11.

Mytherus, probably the challenge is in Windows you are not showing file extensions. I had commented a few people in the video asking this, if you name the file token.txt and you have file extensions hidden, it will actually be named token.txt.txt with two txt's and the program will not work. I have no idea why windows thinks hiding the file extension by default is a "good idea" because then you can run things you don't want to without realizing it.

If you follow this, and show the extensions, then name it token.txt not token.txt.txt it should work. :-)

https://vtcri.kayako.com/article/296...ons-windows-10

And honestly the whole Discord permissions / multiple bot things is really complicated. Discord itself and it's permission structure can be a complete challenge. You can go into the configuration of your discord server and remove the bot completely, and then also delete the bot from the page where you created it, then it will be gone from both places. :-)
    My Website location

Quote Originally Posted by Amerisun View Post
    Mytherus, probably the challenge is in Windows you are not showing file extensions. I had commented a few people in the video asking this, if you name the file token.txt and you have file extensions hidden, it will actually be named token.txt.txt with two txt's and the program will not work. I have no idea why windows thinks hiding the file extension by default is a "good idea" because then you can run things you don't want to without realizing it.

If you follow this, and show the extensions, then name it token.txt not token.txt.txt it should work. :-)

https://vtcri.kayako.com/article/296...ons-windows-10

And honestly the whole Discord permissions / multiple bot things is really complicated. Discord itself and it's permission structure can be a complete challenge. You can go into the configuration of your discord server and remove the bot completely, and then also delete the bot from the page where you created it, then it will be gone from both places. :-)
    Amerisun, thank you very much. I was an idiot and the whole issue was me not checking file extension in win 10. Once I did that it took the token immediately and I got my bot working in Discord. The sound quality is fantastic, its going to be hard to have someone convince that this isn't the BEST method concerning getting sound piped in through discord. Way better than straight Virtual Audio Cable. In short -- you are the man!

This works great. It solves the problem I was having with my attempts to connect directly to Discord with VB Audio Virtual Cable.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Thread Information