DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Discord Bot for Syrinscape - Stereo output to discord using Discord Audio Pipe

I found a method of using Discord-Audio-Pipe to connect through to a discord bot. I figured this out by piecing together a handful of posts from fantasy grounds and the Syrinscape forums.

I created a YouTube tutorial for this, and it produces superior sound to piping the output of the Syrinscape player directly to Discord through a mic or secondary computer using Voicemeeter or the streaming option.

Any comments or suggestions on the video are welcome, hope this helps someone out!

This tutorial uses the Web Interface to play sounds, and the Syrinscape Online Player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ1FlHRjthc

This tutorial (which is new as of 8/18/2021) uses the Syrinscape Fantasy Player (thick client) and is significantly easier and I have put more details into this tutorial (also have a better microphone).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAofRXOHksw
    Last edited by Amerisun; August 19th, 2021 at 02:04. Reason: Changed text to cover my new and older tutorial

Thanks for this. Works like a champ with the stand alone players.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by Amerisun View Post
    I found a method of using Discord-Audio-Pipe to connect through to a discord bot based on piecing together a handful of posts from this forum, and the Syrinscape forums.

I created a YouTube tutorial for this, and it produces superior sound to piping the output of the Syrinscape player directly to Discord through a mic or secondary computer using Voicemeeter or the streaming option.

Any comments or suggestions on the video are welcome, hope this helps someone out!

Thanks, I'll check this out!
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I found a method of using Discord-Audio-Pipe to connect through to a discord bot based on piecing together a handful of posts from this forum, and the Syrinscape forums.

Again thanks for the walk thru, you made it quiet simple. One thing I've noticed, when I select the audio device to use to DAP my audio coming out of that port immediately goes all crackly. If I kill the app it stops. The audio playing through discord is fine ... but it does something to local play through on the port it's using.

I also noticed that the output it uses by-passes Voicemeeter. I've various mixers/compressors/ducking settings through voice meeter on a virtual cable A and everything but DAP uses it. Not a deal breaker but something that is a bit of a downer. I like having the audio "duck" out when people are speaking and it also has a volume normalization so that I dont have to keep fiddling with volume for loud audio files.

I'll keep tinkering with this but it's a really good setup and fairly simple. It would work with any audio tool as long as you can pump it out a virtual cable.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I was using Voicemeeter as well for a long time, and found that after a few Windows patches it was causing more problems than it was helping me unfortunately. In fact the last major patch had some audio subsystem changes and even after a re-install and clean of my PC it would bluescreen sometimes with the Voicemeeter driver.

I gave up on that and went with this solution for at least audio to Discord, but I think that Windows really needs some virtual audio port connectivity built into it that allows applications to completely decouple the audio subsystem like Voicemeeter does. Or perhaps the audio sub system needs complete re-architecting to fix this type of issue.

I was using Voicemeeter as well for a long time, and found that after a few Windows patches it was causing more problems than it was helping me unfortunately. In fact the last major patch had some audio subsystem changes and even after a re-install and clean of my PC it would bluescreen sometimes with the Voicemeeter driver.

I gave up on that and went with this solution for at least audio to Discord, but I think that Windows really needs some virtual audio port connectivity built into it that allows applications to completely decouple the audio subsystem like Voicemeeter does. Or perhaps the audio sub system needs complete re-architecting to fix this type of issue.
    So, I did a little bit of testing and instead of using the virtual cable I told it to use Voice meeters AUX channel. THAT seemed to work properly (mixers/etc). The configuration looks a bit crazy but it works now

Anyone looking at this, you don't need something like this for DAP to work so please don't think so. My son happens to be a sound engineer so we exchange ideas on audio setups.

---

I was going to try to route it through Ableton Live, so then I could also do voice changing effects live, trigger custom local files, etc.... but just too much overhead when the game itself should be the focus I think.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Thnks!!

Nice tutoria, very easy to follow!!

My eternal gratitude for this! I've been banging my head against this particular wall for a few months now, and this is the only solution that's come close to working. It's still not quite there, but I think the bottleneck is my memory and CPU now...

I can confirm that audio quality is a blast and I switched to this solution. No more two discord clients running at the same time!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information