DICE PACKS BUNDLE

combat tracker issue

A little bit flummoxed by the tracker. Am I right in assuming that damage from attacks is not automated and must be added manually? I also noted that the PCs that I created to get a sense of how the system worked, have not stats or combat abilities listed on the tracker either. Is this correct? Are all player attacks ran from the character sheet?

As a side note, there are no stats for the bolt gun - which can be used at close range as a ranged weapon. I assume that this must be handled manually as well?

I've forwarded to the ruleset developer; since I am not familiar with the game system or FG implementation specifically.

In general, PCs attacks are not typically represented in the combat tracker for any game system in FG; as they are typically more complex and have more items than NPCs.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for the reply - I have since realised that the combat tracker handles things a little differently due to the ruleset. But there are still a few things niggling me slightly but it could be that the system requires certain actions to handled manually

Hello TooJaded,

Players are using their own character sheet during combat as in the other rulesets. We are not exposing player actions in the CT, this is by design. NPCs have their attributes/skills/gear exposed, so the GM does not have to open the NPC sheet every time.

There is automation that applies damage and roll for armor on PC/NPC when targeting is used. If there is no targeting, manual armor rolls and adjustments have to be done by the GM as usual. Acid Splash and damage types are not handled automatically.

You can check the user guide, which is delivered as PDF file in the /docs subdirectory of Fantasy Grounds data directory for more information.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

thanks again for the reply starting to get used to it.

Thread Information