Starfinder Playlist

Game Server Connection was Lost Returning to launcher...

Summary: When trying to join a game, a player successfully connects, but is immediately disconnected with the message "game server connection was lost returning to launcher"

Ruleset(s): Traveller and Vampire

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New campaigns

Extensions/Themes: Hero Points for core in Traveller, nothing in Vampire

Modules Loaded:

Traveller:
    -Calendars
    -MGT2 Citizens
    -MGT2 Deneb
    -MGT2 Spinward Marches
    -MGT2 The Reft
    -MGt2 Trojan Reaches
    - Mongoose Traveller 2E - Central Supply Catalogue
    - Mongoose Traveller 2E - Core Rules
    - Mongoose Traveller 2E - High Guard

Vampire: Core system

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10, English US

Steps to Reproduce:

- Start Fantasy Grounds
    - Join Game
    - Select game from recent list
    - Client connects and downloads files
    - Client disconnects

This client has never been able to connect to either game. The server has port forwarding enabled and Advanced Security from Comcast turned off.

We'd appreciate any guidance you can offer. Many thanks,
    Rex
    Attached Files Attached Files

In Vampire and 5E: I know that you cannot use the history list to successfully connect to the current game. Instead I have all of my players "Join by GM name". This has worked without issue so far.

I have no experience with Traveler, but imagine that the history list is again causing the issue you are having.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    In Vampire and 5E: I know that you cannot use the history list to successfully connect to the current game. Instead I have all of my players "Join by GM name". This has worked without issue so far.

I have no experience with Traveler, but imagine that the history list is again causing the issue you are having.
    Thank you for the suggestion. No luck. It looks like something on her end. The other players have been able to connect.

I would add that it only affects one computer in the house. The other two are able to connect without issue.

So it is a computer issue, not a networking issue. That is useful information indeed.

From the player log, it appears that they are losing the connection to Fantasy Grounds first. I would have them check to see if their antivirus is allowing Fantasy Grounds free access or blocking it. They may need to set fantasy grounds as "trusted" in several places, depending on the software that is installed. For example: Windows Defender and AVG both.

It may also be helpful to check and see if their Internet connection network is set as private or public? Windows is stricter on what it will allow on a public connection, typically.

Thank you. Does the error message "system.dllnotfoundexception at (wrapper managed-to-native)" give any clues?

Download and install the Microsoft Visual C redistributable package here: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

More information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...814#post459814
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    In Vampire and 5E: I know that you cannot use the history list to successfully connect to the current game.
    You should be able to use the history to reconnect to a previous game - the connection will be re-established based off the connection info stored (i.e. it will use the same GM name if a cloud connection). If you can't successfully use the connection history then please start a new thread in the House of Healing so that the issue can be addressed. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Download and install the Microsoft Visual C redistributable package here: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

More information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...814#post459814
    This did the trick. Many thanks.

Thread Information