5E Character Create Playlist

Script execution error on recent patching

Two weeks ago at our Thursday session we all started getting this error whenever we try to use a weapon on the actions tab:

Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon_adnd.lua":202: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

This has made using any weapons impossible as they produce this error each time you try and click one, as well as all the values for modifiers have been removed from them.

This error started with a patch, not with the install of a new extension/module/etc.

The campaign is D&D 5e if that makes a difference.

I do have several extensions installed, which I imagine most people are going to tell me to uninstall first and see if that works...but I just wanted to check here first to see if anyone else has seen this error or has a suggestion on how to fix it before I start doing that work.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Benny; February 28th, 2021 at 16:42.

As you expected uninstall all extensions. One (or more) or more of them is causing the error. Makes sure you have the latest versions off the extensions you are using. Many of them have been updated to handle the new code that came with the last patch.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Oh update the extensions as well..that makes sense. How should I typically do that? Uninstall them by simply deleting them, and then copy the new versions into the folder...right?

You can just copy/paste the new version and it will overwrite the old.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    That works. Most extensions keep the same file names so you just need to copy and replace them in your extensions folder. If they don't kee the same name, then it is best to delete the old ones since file name is what a campaign uses to know which ones to turn on.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yep, that did it! Lesson learned. Not sure which module it was, but I updated - critically awesome essentials and FG Shops from the DMs guild and that did the trick. Just did the copy and paste and didn't really have to delete anything. Thanks y'all!

I keep getting these errors even with the extensions updated... Sometimes weapons use is impossible, at other times clicking on the magnifying glass for actions and spells doesn't work... At this time the only option is to uninstall all extensions. Very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    I keep getting these errors even with the extensions updated... Sometimes weapons use is impossible, at other times clicking on the magnifying glass for actions and spells doesn't work... At this time the only option is to uninstall all extensions. Very annoying.
    Any extensions that haven't been updated for the v2021-02-01 update could have issues - just updating to the latest extension version won't necessarily mean you're OK, unless that the extension/s in question has specifically been updated. If you can identify which extension/s are causing issues, remove those extensions and inform the relevant extension developers.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information