Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Spell Durations

Spell Durations

Is anyone aware of or working on a fix for the problem with spell durations in 5e? Specifically any duration in hours is not correctly interpreted by the combat tracker, being set instead to infinite duration.

spell durations of hours are not tracked on the CT by design. in 5e a round is 6 seconds, and all combatants take a turn within that 6 second round. so to track an hour, it would be 600 rounds. In my experience as a DM, I have never needed to track a combat for over 600 rounds. For longer passage of time, the CT isnt the place to do it as that is designed to track Combat.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    Is anyone aware of or working on a fix for the problem with spell durations in 5e? Specifically any duration in hours is not correctly interpreted by the combat tracker, being set instead to infinite duration.
    I have automated this in 3.5E/PFRPG via my Time Manager extension. Advancing the clock via my extension will also reduce the remaining duration of any effects in the combat tracker. This can be combined with an easy change to make those effects have long durations to give you a central area for tracking that info. It will almost certainly not work with 5E as-is, but perhaps someone will see this and have interest in porting that feature to your ruleset.

EDIT: I have submitted this fix to Clock Adjuster. It should work in 5E, PFRPG2, and PFRPG. My version with this fix.
    Last edited by bmos; March 10th, 2021 at 14:31.

Thread Information