FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Trenloe,

If it will apply to the target will it calculate a correct die increase on a crit?
    No. it doesn't. It just applies the base persistent damage as an effect.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Intemperiae View Post
    I tried this for the Wounding Longsword one of my players is swinging around. When I add the line in the action tab it works fine, but I can't seem to figure out how to properly write it into the item description, so that it would work immediately for whoever has the weapon.

In "Damage" I just write "1d8/1d6" and for "Damage Type" I tried every way to write out the persistent damage I could come up with. "slashing/persitent bleed" "slashing/PERS: bleed" "slashing/pers bleed" "slashing/bleed pers" "slashing/bleed persistent" and many more, with and without a space between. This always leads to the Damage Type not parsing properly and staying blank for the 1d6.
    The damage field in the bestiary just lets you write it out with something like "Damage 1d8 and 1d6 persistent bleed". What do i need to add in the item fields themselves for it to work?
    Damage Type = slashing/persistent, bleed works fine for me.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for all your responses Trenloe. This is actually where I explained myself badly due to my English proficiency being a bit rusty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The fire giant should automatically have an effect of "IMMUNE: fire" on them in the combat tracker. When the persistent fire damage is applied, this immune effect will trigger and no damage will be applied. I've just tested this and it works fine.
    The fire giant has the effect immune and takes no damage by the roll, as it should. What I meant to say was that the persistent damage effect is still applied, even though it has no possible effect. I meant that it could check before applying or rolling to forgo the whole roll.
    Not sure why you'd think this.
    And I just thought this, because there are the options to hide or show the GM rolls as well as fudging them/doing a manual entry. I just believed that it might be another option I was missing, to make it appear as if the enemy is still fighting the persitent damage it is not really affected by. Maybe for those parties that never try to figure the enemy out with a recall knowledge check. Hopefully I make a bit more sense now.
    Damage Type = slashing/persistent, bleed works fine for me.
    And this one is working perfectly. I don't even know why I missed this option while trying the damage type. Was this listed in the Pathfinder 2e Effects Wiki entry and I just overlooked it again? What most likely lead to me missing it is he fact that I misinterpreted how the punctuation mark works. I thought it would denote multiple types of damage for the same damage roll, like "1d8 slashing, magic".

And one last thing: I tried to check the Ruleset Bug Spreadsheet first, but couldn't find it in there. If the attack were to hit a second time in the same round or next round, after the enemy failed the flat check, it will apply the persistent damage effect a second time. Now the enemy will roll the 1d6 and the flat check twice, while applying both instances of the 1d6 damage.
    Thanks again for your help and hard work.
    Last edited by Benlyd; March 2nd, 2021 at 12:05. Reason: some typos

Quote Originally Posted by Intemperiae View Post
    And one last thing: I tried to check the Ruleset Bug Spreadsheet first, but couldn't find it in there. If the attack were to hit a second time in the same round or next round, after the enemy failed the flat check, it will apply the persistent damage effect a second time. Now the enemy will roll the 1d6 and the flat check twice, while applying both instances of the 1d6 damage.
    Yep, that's the way it currently works. Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.118.

one thing to watch for when applying persistent damage from weapons is that it doesn't stack but Fantasy Grounds doesn't yet notice this so if you don't keep an eye on it you can easily end up with multiple bleed effects on a PC or NPC

Thread Information