5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Module grouping and empty module entries

I was doing some spring cleaning, while doing that got distracted by trying and failing for some more logic in the module grouping of the WOTC books

"D&D Xanathar's Guide to Everything - Players" is on it's own in "Wizards of the Coast". All other entries are in "Supplement". Why?

I also have non functioning doublures of some WOTC material in "Wizards of the Coast LLC", those don't have any entries in them. See attachment. I tried without extensions, no difference. I'm on FGU, on a rather fresh install. I don't have this issue with a new campaign. Will investigate further.

modules.png

It should be Wizards of the Coast LLC for Xanathar. I'll add that to me fix list.

I'm not sure how you are getting a list with those headings. For me Xanathar comes up in supplement - the only place that the publisher is visible is in the module activation list but there is no sort function that I can find that lists modules in the way your graphic shows.

I've tested all the modules in your list and none of them are non-functioning. Can you explain what you mean by non functioning.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for changing the group, that's more tidy.
    Non functioning, as it's a dummy entry, without content. The normal entry with content does work. I have a dummy on the entry from DM tools as well, but neither does disappear when I disable all extensions. I will try to provide a reproduction scenario.

Are you using any extensions which interfere with module listing? I think there is one around that does something like that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Tested without any extensions or extra modules (emptied the folders and updated). The problem persists. New campaign, no problem. Tried to unload the modules, got an error for the first, but not after that. Copied my db.xml to the new campaign, no problem. So I have corruption in one of my files, but which one? Tried by renaming the modulestate.xml, but that wasn't it. What can I do next?

Error while unloading.png

offtopic: Some entries in the log are in US format, some in European style. Strange...
    Last edited by Milmoor; February 28th, 2021 at 20:24. Reason: Accidentally made a double post

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Tested without any extensions or extra modules (emptied the folders and updated). The problem persists. New campaign, no problem. Tried to unload the modules, got an error for the first, but not after that. Copied my db.xml to the new campaign, no problem. So I have corruption in one of my files, but which one? Tried by renaming the modulestate.xml, but that wasn't it. What can I do next?

Error while unloading.png
    That's not an error you need worry about.

Ok, that's good. But I still would like to get rid of the dummy module entries. Any thoughts what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Ok, that's good. But I still would like to get rid of the dummy module entries. Any thoughts what to do?
    No, because I don't know how you got those entries in the first place. I still suspect an extension and disabling it should get rid of them. But if you can walk me through the steps of how to get them in a new campaign (without any extensions) I might have a better idea.

Look in your campaign moduledb directory for some extra XML files that could be related to the dummy entries.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information