5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 7 of 68 First ... 567891757 ... Last
    @Jinashi, I've been able to recreate with that same map - looking into it now.

@badgr, thanks for investigating as well.
    Last edited by GKEnialb; April 11th, 2021 at 18:24. Reason: Changed response after being able to recreate

Okay, found the issue - the grid needs to be set for this extension to work and it's not set by default on the map you were using. I'm actually surprised the range worked at all, as it uses the grid in the range calculation. If you right click on the map, select Layers, you can turn on the grid and drag it to match the size of the squares of the map (and if you unlock the map itself in the upper right, the right-most icon which appears allows you to shift the grid and gives you a little better control). I'll see if I can ignore the grid setting altogether so it's not necessary (but it's good in general to have the grid on).

Version 1.8 created to still provide range updates for height if the grid is not active. Note that this will still use the grid settings of the map, so the behavior may seem inconsistent if the grid is off but the underlying grid settings don't match the visual squares on the map. I also put in a fix to always update the range when the height changes without requiring moving the pointer off of the token and back.

I am using the latest version of the extension and it seems the range is just matching the height. So if I have a target that is 20 feet away and I am 30 feet in the air, the target distance should be a little 33.16 feet (if you round down, then 33 feet). I guess you are rounding to the nearest 5 foot. I am thinking that if anything it should probably round up if it is less than a 5 foot increment. The reason is that you may have a range on a particular weapon or spell. If you round down then the range will be allowed. In the example above, if I have a weapon or spell range of 30 feet, I am 30 feet in the air and the target is laterally 20 feet away, the actual range is a little over 30 feet and should not be allowed. Rounding down will allow it.

Any way to round up or display the closest whole number?

It depends on what setting you have selected for diagonals. For standard, the range is the max of the three dimensions (just as the horizontal range is the max of the two dimensions). For alternate (with the diagonals being counted as 1 for first square and 2 for second), you get full range in the longest dimension and half range on the other two dimensions. For raw, you get the real life formula (actual distance between 2 points in 3 dimensions, with 0.1 foot accuracy).

So let's say you're on standard measurements in 2D space - 20' horizontal and 30' vertical is exactly 30'. 3D space is no different in the calculations. If you want that accuracy, use raw diagonals instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    It depends on what setting you have selected for diagonals. For standard, the range is the max of the three dimensions (just as the horizontal range is the max of the two dimensions). For alternate (with the diagonals being counted as 1 for first square and 2 for second), you get full range in the longest dimension and half range on the other two dimensions. For raw, you get the real life formula (actual distance between 2 points in 3 dimensions, with 0.1 foot accuracy).

So let's say you're on standard measurements in 2D space - 20' horizontal and 30' vertical is exactly 30'. 3D space is no different in the calculations. If you want that accuracy, use raw diagonals instead.
    Ok. I see how it works.. I didn't even see that it had a Raw setting. Thank you!

No worries - hard to keep track of all the options FG provides.

Thank you for all your effort with this extension!

However I think something with the 1.8 update now conflicts with bmos' 5E - Aura Effects extension (v 0.6). FGU just freezes with not responding state when an aura effect moves into range to affect someone. Aura Effects seem to work when I turn height indicator off. Both extensions worked fine together with previous version though.

Quote Originally Posted by Finsteel View Post
    Thank you for all your effort with this extension!

However I think something with the 1.8 update now conflicts with bmos' 5E - Aura Effects extension (v 0.6). FGU just freezes with not responding state when an aura effect moves into range to affect someone. Aura Effects seem to work when I turn height indicator off. Both extensions worked fine together with previous version though.
    I can confirm. The systems just becomes unresponsive and freezes.

It is working with 1.6. I did not get a chance to check 1.7
    Last edited by nephranka; April 13th, 2021 at 00:54.

Thanks - I'll take a look. I use that extension as well, but I turn off all other extensions when I'm trying to recreate issues with mine. Guess I should have turned them all back on again...

Thread Information