Starfinder Playlist
Page 67 of 68 First ... 175765666768 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @BushViper,

@everyone,
    Per MrDDT's comment of feedback he has heard, why would you want the players to be able to adjust their own token positions but not be able to adjust their own token height? It's all just movement of tokens that a player can already move in 2D space in 3D space instead. Our goal is to make it so that whether a token can be moved in any direction is tied to ownership of the token.
    Really like this being tied to token lock. I think that is the best option, and I can understand the need to not have too many toggle options in settings. FGU is a huge learning curve.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Hmmm... methinks the only thing I've heard in regard to this was when I was arguing over it with moon Moon in discord (1/25/2023) I believe. In the end, I'm going to just go with the new stuff and live with it.
    Stamp it "Good Enough" right?
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

@nephranka,
    I think I can modify the code to block the height adjustment if token state is locked on the player side; but I'll need to look to be sure.
    However, token height is not part of the token waypoint system that is activated with token locking, which only works in 2D and doesn't have either the hooks or interface to work in 3D currently.

Regards,
    JPG

But cool if it was able to be calculated as part of the movement waypoint system.

Move 10’ north. And 15’ up.

But then with 3d movement how does that work with the rule for movement cost of 5’ for 2nd diagonal movements.

@nephranka,
    I think I can modify the code to block the height adjustment if token state is locked on the player side; but I'll need to look to be sure.
    However, token height is not part of the token waypoint system that is activated with token locking, which only works in 2D and doesn't have either the hooks or interface to work in 3D currently.

Regards,
    JPG
    At least that would allow us, who use locking, to help control player changes. Thanks for considering the options.

@BushViper,
    Where are you seeing this discussion?
    A couple of Discord channel conversations that tapered to a handful of private conversations.

In retrospect, I probably put too much emphasis on the voice of the minority. Also, I want to reiterate that I have absolutely no experience with the in-house height tool so I don't have an opinion on it. Hopefully, the client version is as good (or better) than the extension because the ext works fabulously and doesn't have any existing extension conflicts (to my knowledge).

Furthermore, while the height tool was definitely bemoaned, the bulk of the discussion was about why SW has the policy to completely ignore creator code when developing their own features that mirror existing extensions.

That policy is baffling to nearly all of us because most of the creators work hand-in-hand in an effort to limit conflicts and it's a pretty effective 'alliance,' but building extensions-to-features from the ground up is almost guaranteed to create conflicts. Not to mention, it seems like a lot of wasted effort when you've literally got the foundation of the feature right in front of you. If you want/need to tweak it so that it more smoothly integrates into the client better, great, but ignoring it completely? Why?

That sounds like a rehash of the discussion on SilentRuin’s thread, so I would recommend reading that one.

JPG

That sounds like a rehash of the discussion on SilentRuin’s thread, so I would recommend reading that one.

JPG
    I don't spend much time on the forums anymore and wasn't aware that thread existed.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    But cool if it was able to be calculated as part of the movement waypoint system.

Move 10’ north. And 15’ up.

But then with 3d movement how does that work with the rule for movement cost of 5’ for 2nd diagonal movements.
    The same way that distances are calculated (and in this case, it'd be the same as 10' north and 15' east). I guess the problem would be that for 2D, you can just drag it diagonally, which is a different move than 10' north and 15' east and you can't diagonally drag in 3D space (yet!)

With the fantastic news that token heights are now part of the base FGU product, I've delisted this extension. Thanks to everyone who's been using this and special thanks to those who have offered ideas and help: bmos, SilentRuin, kelrugem, MeAndUnique, Saagael, kevininrussia, SoxMax, mattekure, diablobob, Moon Wizard, bratch9, Arnagus, and rhagelstrom.

Thread Information