5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 63 of 68 First ... 13536162636465 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Terenor View Post
    Hi, tried this extension today for the first time (FGU, DnD 4e). 4e is measured in squares, and i saw in a thead by kevinrussia on 4e extensions that he/she uses it with squares. How can i change that? The map i tried it on had a grid with squares setup, still got 5 ft. increaments.
    I can verify. Maybe the ruleset check broke?

Thanks for the report. Pushed v6.5 to the Forge which should fix the 4E issues (oddly, was more than just the units). Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Thank you GKEnialb, works now as far as i can tell

help request 3.5E

Hi,
    tried the extension today with 3.5E ruleset (and a bunch of active extensions)

Maybe i'm missing something (tried to read all the thread, but we have 63 pages, sorry if i ask a old question ..): i can set the height of the token, but the target distance arrow are unaffected (see the image, it show also the extension options)
    Diagonal distance in combat option is set to RAW

Height.PNG

Can you help me?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can you try it with just Token Height Indication loaded? I just tried it with a whole bunch of extensions loaded and the arrows aren't working (as you saw), but with just THI loaded, it's working fine, making me think another extension is also overloading the arrows or the underlying measurements. I have a session starting shortly, so can't go through all the other extensions myself at the moment, but can look later tonight.

Hmm. Looks like it's not an extension conflict but something going on with some maps (having the same key for all of the tokens). I'll see if I can confirm and fix it.

Okay, that was a weird one - sometimes the tokens lose their names on some maps (still is on the top of the token, but getName returns an empty string). THI uses the name as a key in storing the height value so sometimes all tokens get the same key so all share the same height value under the covers (not visible on the screen except when you change the height of any particular token), so it appears as though height isn't taken into account. Anyway, short version is that I changed the key a bit, so everything should work fine now, even when this happens. Version 6.6 pushed to the Forge. Note that the first time you start after updating THI, the existing tokens may lose their height values. @marceo, let me know if this fixes your issue.

HI,
    updated and i can confirm that now is working fine!

Thank you for the support and quick answer

I see in beta testing ‘TEST’ channels. Token height is being added into FGU natively.

Have they used your code ?

Anyhow thought I would mention it.
    Last edited by EllivasKram; January 26th, 2023 at 20:22.

Thanks for that. I did hear about that yesterday, so looks like I will be deprecating this extension and unlisting from the Forge once the change moves to Live. I'm very excited that height will be native now! I imagine they implemented that directly in the core and didn't need to use any of the extension's code (though it would have been totally fine if they did). I've already seen a couple of things that I like better in their implementation, so that's all good news.

Thread Information