DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 54 of 68 First ... 444525354555664 ... Last
    Yeah, did that in a clean camp, and it worked fine with extensions active. But on my two main campaigns it throws the error. Weird that it only affects range attacks. Melee works fine. Yeah, I had tokens on map using Combat Groups to organize and manage the CT. I tried turning that off first to see if that was the issue, but still had the same issue. Tokens were still on map and NPC in the CT.

Ok did another test with one of my main campaigns. Do not have tokens on map, but have NPC in CT. From the CT I targeted the NPC and rolled attack and no error.

Okay, thanks for that. I wonder if the update caused some of the tokens to lose some data. I could push an update that would prevent an error but potentially give inaccurate results if that data was missing. Not sure which is better...

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Okay, thanks for that. I wonder if the update caused some of the tokens to lose some data. I could push an update that would prevent an error but potentially give inaccurate results if that data was missing. Not sure which is better...
    Maybe replace the error with a chat message or a console message to clarify that the data is missing? It could be more intuitive than a script error.

Good call, as always. Definitely would be less annoying than an error.

I have a small quality of life request.

Currently when you adjust the heights of tokens on the battle map the height adjustment will stay there even if you delete them from one map and move them to another, I'm assuming because it's linked to the CT instead of the token itself.

This makes it a bit tedious to have to go token by token and manually reset everyone's height back to 0.

Could you perhaps include a button somewhere that will clear all height adjustments to make the reset for a new battle map a bit easier? Thanks for the consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    Could you perhaps include a button somewhere that will clear all height adjustments to make the reset for a new battle map a bit easier? Thanks for the consideration.
    Alternately, store the height of the characters in a subnode of the map entry. This way characters could have per-map heights. Only possible, of course, if you can somehow obtain the currently-in-use map from the attack... I think there might be an API for that?

I've got a request as well.
    Can you move distanceBetween to the TokenHeight script and change distanceBetween(startx,starty,startz,endx,endy,end z,bSquare) to distanceBetween(startx,starty,startz,endx,endy,end z,sShape) or something?
    By this I mean, allow distanceBetween to be called with various choices about the distance calculation. "rectangle" could be like bSquare, "variant" could force it to use variant diagonals, and "standard" could force it to not use variant diagonals.
    This would allow other uses of that function (my idea, based on a user's request, is to leverage it to allow alternate aura shapes).

I figured I'd ask whether you wanted to provide that option before I copied that function into aura effect to make my own changes.

EDIT: unless I'm misunderstanding and that is what bSquare is already switching between...
    Last edited by bmos; August 22nd, 2022 at 21:48.

Okay, uploaded v4.22 to the Forge, which prints a warning to chat the first time this error is encountered for a given map (if I didn't stop it at the first time, it would spam the chat) and set the offending token space to 5. Hopefully won't come up often. Happy to look into more if we can find what extension / circumstances are causing it.

@jfg1984 - I'll take a look at that (either clearing when a token is removed from the map or keeping them on a map-by-map basis). @bmos - I'll take a look at your request as well. You're right that bSquare is set to true on a rectangular pointer, but only when called as part of onMeasurePointer. TokenHeight has getDistanceBetween, which calls distanceBetween on the image. Since we're dealing with x, y, z, I don't know if it makes sense to move distanceBetween itself to TokenHeight, but I could look at making distanceBetween be more generic in that final parameter. I'll PM you when I get a chance to look at it.

It may be a week or two for these two requests - on a business trip at the moment.

Thanks for looking into it, I checked with a lot of exts and still can't figure out which one is causing it. It's intermittent for me, which is hard to troubleshoot.

Thread Information