DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 68 First ... 345671555 ... Last
    Currently mine doesn't, but it would require a little bit of reworking of the code so that on player change, it would simply update their own targeting based on tokens they're currently targeting and provided those targets are still visible to them.

I may be able to take a hybrid of the two approaches or there may be a way to kick the pointer logic to have it redraw without the token losing / regaining focus.

Is this using the actual “real life formula” for calculating distance that includes height or simply adding any height on as an additional 5’?

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Is this using the actual “real life formula” for calculating distance that includes height or simply adding any height on as an additional 5’?
    It depends on what setting you have selected for diagonals. For standard, the range is the max of the three dimensions (just as the horizontal range is the max of the two dimensions). For alternate (with the diagonals being counted as 1 for first square and 2 for second), you get full range in the longest dimension and half range on the other two dimensions. For raw, you get the real life formula (actual distance between 2 points in 3 dimensions, with 0.1 foot accuracy).

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    It depends on what setting you have selected for diagonals. For standard, the range is the max of the three dimensions (just as the horizontal range is the max of the two dimensions). For alternate (with the diagonals being counted as 1 for first square and 2 for second), you get full range in the longest dimension and half range on the other two dimensions. For raw, you get the real life formula (actual distance between 2 points in 3 dimensions, with 0.1 foot accuracy).
    Thanks for the detailed response. I enjoy using this extension as do my players.

No worries and thanks for the feedback!

New to extensions and running games in FGC, I am running only this extension and if I try to adjust things I get an error.
    Script Error: [string "scripts/token_height_indication.lua"]:104: attempt to call field 'getOwner' (a nil value)

Any advice (or additional info I can provide)?

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Blackhawk View Post
    New to extensions and running games in FGC, I am running only this extension and if I try to adjust things I get an error.
    Script Error: [string "scripts/token_height_indication.lua"]:104: attempt to call field 'getOwner' (a nil value)

Any advice (or additional info I can provide)?
    Sorry to hear that. Did you add the token to the map by dragging from the combat tracker? Was the DM adjusting the token or was it a player? I'll update to prevent the error in any case - just trying to see how it got in that state.

Created 1.7 - you can download the new version it from the first post. It'll prevent that error showing up, but it'd still be good to figure out how you got there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Did you add the token to the map by dragging from the combat tracker? Was the DM adjusting the token or was it a player? I'll update to prevent the error in any case - just trying to see how it got in that state.
    Running Undermountain, I added tokens from a prebuilt encounter.
    Should I re-add the tokens from the combat tracker to test?

I loaded the campaign and no players attached. Just solo testing.

Thread Information