Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 68 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    I have a version (1.6) to take height into account for range arrows (for all three types of diagonals). Unfortunately it's not as straight-forward as other mods as you can't call the original arrow code, so please let me know if you see anything odd. A couple of other notes:
    - Pointers for variant diagonals can be off by 5' due to some rounding issues
    - The range arrows don't update automatically when changing the height until the token loses focus (just move the pointer off of the token and everything will update)
    Working fine here. Looks to be calculating and updated as expected. I too like the range calculations with height added.

There is one issue for me. I use an ext to calculate DIS in melee and at long range/out of range for ranged weapons/spell attacks:
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314...king-and-Range

At this point I can set a height to 50ft and put the token 5ft away from the target and I get DIS on the attack. Clearly, it is not seeing the new range. Similarly, if I set it to 500 ft height, I do not get DIS being at long range nor am I out of range if I set it to 1000ft.

It would be great to get these two to work together.

Yeah, there is no height concept in the core ruleset and the range arrows are just text (no underlying calculations are update), so there's nothing I can do on my end. My height value is visible to other extensions, though, so they could integrate in that direction if they want. Those two do great work, so I'd love for them to integrate (though I believe Kent's super swamped at the moment) - I'll send Kent a note on Discord to see if he's interested, but that's the best I can do.

No worries. Just reporting back the test results. Knowing it is strictly informational allows me to use it with modifications. I appreciate all the work. Thanks!

Thanks. I did send a note to Kent on Discord - hopefully he'll be interested. The calculations for the range are in image.lua if you're interested.

Thanks! I hope it works out. This is one that would be cool to get working.

This and a auto combat adjusted invisibility/see invis/truesight/blindsight/blur. One can hope someday!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This already existed:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-Height-label

Perhaps you two can work together to make the two better?
    Oh, sorry, didn't see your post until now (checking the extension thread too rarely, I guess and when, then I skim a lot)

Yes, sure, if GKEnialb wants and it's okay for them, I am certainly available Just not so much time right now, and maybe the GPL license is a bit too much in my version; but when I have finally time again, then I normally wanted to rewrite the extension for getting rid of the original author's license

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oh, sorry, didn't see your post until now (checking the extension thread too rarely, I guess and when, then I skim a lot)

Yes, sure, if GKEnialb wants and it's okay for them, I am certainly available Just not so much time right now, and maybe the GPL license is a bit too much in my version; but when I have finally time again, then I normally wanted to rewrite the extension for getting rid of the original author's license
    Sounds good to me. Just let me know when you have some time.

Sounds good to me. Just let me know when you have some time.
    Cool, I'll do

- Range arrows won't update after changing height until you move off of the token.
    I've been working on my own version of this functionality for my own players/fellow GMs in a Discord group of my friends, and the solution I've gone with was to move the functionality of the height update to the "Size & Space" section of the GM's combat tracker and put it there instead. Then I set up DB listeners on this and had it go through all CT entries that were visible, get its/their targets (this isn't an issue, because currently it only runs from Host side, not client) and then iterate through its targets and reapply them again.

Fairly simple checks and code, and doesn't cause any issues on testing so far. This might be something you can do with the DB.addHandler for changes in the height values. That way you don't have to re-select or re-target to update the range on the measure pointers.

Thanks for the suggestion. Can the players change their own height with that approach? That was an early request for this extension.

Thread Information