FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 68 First 123451353 ... Last
    Looks like there is another error. When the GM moves a token to an unshared map the player gets the following error:
    [3/22/2021 6:16:19 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/token_height_indication.lua"]:133: attempt to index local 'ctToken' (a nil value)

Logs:
    [3/22/2021 6:15:39 AM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (v2021-03-09) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [3/22/2021 6:15:39 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-16) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [3/22/2021 6:15:39 AM] EXTENSION: 5E Height Indication by GKEnialb
    [3/22/2021 6:15:39 AM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
    [3/22/2021 6:15:39 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 2.338483
    [3/22/2021 6:15:39 AM] NETWORK SEND FILE REQUEST: BattleMap_Cave01.jpg@FG Battle Maps
    [3/22/2021 6:15:39 AM] NETWORK RECV FILE REQUEST: BattleMap_Cave01.jpg@FG Battle Maps
    [3/22/2021 6:15:40 AM] NETWORK SEND FILE REQUEST: campaign/portraits/id-00001
    [3/22/2021 6:15:40 AM] NETWORK RECV FILE REQUEST: campaign/portraits/id-00001
    [3/22/2021 6:15:54 AM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [3/22/2021 6:16:09 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon () in control (toggle_unmask) in class (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [3/22/2021 6:16:19 AM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon () in control (toggle_unmask) in class (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [3/22/2021 6:16:19 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/token_height_indication.lua"]:133: attempt to index local 'ctToken' (a nil value)

screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This already existed:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-Height-label

Perhaps you two can work together to make the two better?
    Last edited by bmos; March 22nd, 2021 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Looks like there is another error. When the GM moves a token to an unshared map the player gets the following error:
    This is fixed in 1.5

Thank you. I missed that update!

Yeah, sorry about that - I noticed that same issue shortly after I created 1.4 and updated the first post but should have also noted it down here...

Thank you for this extension. I also used the 5E Enhancer mostly for the height feature. The one thing that the original Combat Enhancer did was that it adjusted the target distance based on the height. It actually took the hypotenuse and replaced the target distance with that. Styrmir was going to fix/add this in his next version of 5E Enhancer but he stopped working on the extension before then.

Would it be possible to do this?

I intentionally minimized the functionality to ensure it didn't run into conflicts with other extensions or be broken with FGU updates, but I can take a look to see if there's a way to safely do this. One question I have is whether you're using an alternate diagonal option or the core 5E rules - if the latter, I would have the range reflect the maximum of the horizontal distance and height (same as the range arrow now, just flipped 90 degrees). If I update the range arrow, I will reflect all the diagonal options, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    I intentionally minimized the functionality to ensure it didn't run into conflicts with other extensions or be broken with FGU updates, but I can take a look to see if there's a way to safely do this. One question I have is whether you're using an alternate diagonal option or the core 5E rules - if the latter, I would have the range reflect the maximum of the horizontal distance and height (same as the range arrow now, just flipped 90 degrees). If I update the range arrow, I will reflect all the diagonal options, though.

I do use the alternating rule but I am not married to it. I had once suggested to Styrmir that he didn’t necessarily have to recreate the target line to overwrite the distance and maybe in parenthesis next to it just add the altered distance. The best case scenario was to overwrite it if possible but ultimately I just wanted something to show the new calculated distance. At the time he was concerned with smiteworks changing the target arrow (which they did) but now I assume they have the permanent arrow now.

Thank you!

Having recalculated distance taking height into consideration for 5E satndard rules would be really nice indeed!

I have a version (1.6) to take height into account for range arrows (for all three types of diagonals). Unfortunately it's not as straight-forward as other mods as you can't call the original arrow code, so please let me know if you see anything odd. A couple of other notes:
    - Pointers for variant diagonals can be off by 5' due to some rounding issues
    - The range arrows don't update automatically when changing the height until the token loses focus (just move the pointer off of the token and everything will update)

Thread Information