5E Character Create Playlist
Page 28 of 68 First ... 18262728293038 ... Last
    Awesome - glad you find it helpful!

I just started testing this ext for the Starfinder. I have not had any errors and adjusting the token height works as expected. I don't know it the range calculation is functioning, I suspect that is a ruleset specific function and Starfinder isn't included even though it's uses similar rules to other Pahfinder products. I was happy to discover this ext supports the Macbook trackpad. I have used other Height ext and this function would not work with those extensions. If there is a simple way to have rage calculations work for starfinder that would be great. A lot of NPCs and PCs fly in Starfinder.

After creating this post I realized I the range calculation requires a target token in the CT. I tested this by targeting another token and increased and decreased the PC token and the ranges did change as intended. I am not sure which ruleset the calculation is based on but for now this seems to be a great ext for Starfinder too!
    Last edited by Ulric; June 5th, 2021 at 16:39.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I just started testing this ext for the Starfinder. I have not had any errors and adjusting the token height works as expected. I don't know it the range calculation is functioning, I suspect that is a ruleset specific function and Starfinder isn't included even though it's uses similar rules to other Pahfinder products. I was happy to discover this ext supports the Macbook trackpad. I have used other Height ext and this function would not work with those extensions. If there is a simple way to have rage calculations work for starfinder that would be great. A lot of NPCs and PCs fly in Starfinder.

After creating this post I realized I the range calculation requires a target token in the CT. I tested this by targeting another token and increased and decreased the PC token and the ranges did change as intended. I am not sure which ruleset the calculation is based on but for now this seems to be a great ext for Starfinder too!
    Thanks - I'll add that to the rulesets supported.

Version 4.3 uploaded with the following changes:
    • Added diagonal option for short/long diagonals when variant diagonals are used. Details on the first post, but basically an option to decide what happens in the rulesets which alternate between 5' and 10' in the diagonal calculations and the difference in all three dimensions are identical. Previously I had one formula for PFRPG2 and a different one for the other rulesets - now all get both options to choose from. Note that the option is ignored for raw measurements and 5E standard.
    • Added Starfinder as supported ruleset.
    • Added support for tokenids in getDistanceBetween (so now all versions of calling getDistanceBetween are supported for full compatibility with other extensions).

I'm still getting reports from users about image.lua errors.
    I think a solution to keep the errors from occuring would be to change line 40 in image.lua from:
    Code:
    	if not sourceItem or not targetItem then
    to
    Code:
    	if not sourceItem or not targetItem or not CombatManager then
    However, this will still result in getDistanceBetween not providing a measurement in these situations.

I'm not convinced that this will break anything since those calls that have the wrong scope/can't access global scripts don't seem like they could be coming from legitimate calls anyway...

I'd love to have it send a printstack when this happens, but since Debug and printstack can't be accessed, I don't have any way of doing so.
    Last edited by bmos; June 14th, 2021 at 23:40.

Yeah, I noticed that, though unless I missed something, all had old versions of this extension, so making the mod won't help... That being said, it can't hurt, either, and I agree that returning no value if CombatManager has gone away is no worse than throwing an error and shouldn't happen in either case. So v4.4 has been uploaded with your proposed change. Thanks, as always!

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that, though unless I missed something, all had old versions of this extension, so making the mod won't help... That being said, it can't hurt, either, and I agree that returning no value if CombatManager has gone away is no worse than throwing an error and shouldn't happen in either case. So v4.4 has been uploaded with your proposed change. Thanks, as always!
    I thought so too, but this time it was with v4.3. However, there were a lot of other extensions being used so it's hard to say what prompted it. Hopefully that will be the last of it

I had several error in my last Live Game with the 4.3 while using Aura effects. I hope this time it will be the good one!

I remember this was implemented to fix a token glitch issue when applying effects. It seems to have returned, possibly a regression bug? (v4.1 Changed all local functions to just functions in an attempt to remove the disappearing functions bug). Playing 5e with the latest extension. All tokens "clear" to blank (no health, no blood, no status etc) when an effect (shield spell as example) is dropped on a PC.

Thread Information