5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 68 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    disregard

If I remove the owner checks, the client (even when holding the token), gets errors on trying to create the node and set the value ("Database node not owned"). Nothing changes on the client side due to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I reported an error with distance calculations in this thread.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...xtension/page4

It is this extension together with the combat modifer extension. When facing a large token the distance gets calculated incorrectly.
    For explanation see other post. And since you might not know what the screenshot tells us. It adds a penalty to attack because of range between the tokens. Since they are on the same level and adjasent it should not be any more than 5 feet between them, but it is more since it gets a range penalty.

I do not know how to test this calculation with only this extension loaded so I do not know if this is a problem with your extension.
    Everything looks good from my side - the range displayed is the range provided if my calls are used. Perhaps dogfisc is expecting something different on the return and is getting skewed as a result. Here's what I get for different sizes (all 5' in the range arrow, which means it's returning 5' in the range function).

Various Sizes.png

I also tried with the massive creature size you had (changing the size to 80 in the combat tracker!) and it still returns 5'. Happy to talk to dogfsc about it.

4E. Version 2.1

I'm getting this error quite frequently when moving a token.

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "campaign/scripts/image.lua"]:11: attempt to call global 'getGridSize' (a nil value)

This happens on both host and client. When the error happens we close the map window and re-open it. After that the error stops happening for the selected token so the players never have this issue after that. As GM I still do the first time I move a NPC. Then I close the window and reopen it then that NPC token will not throw the error.

I will try your latest version and see if it fixes the issue.

Let me know if the latest version works. Do you have the grid turned on for the map? In 5E, at least, even if you don't, the grid settings are available, but not sure about 4E.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Let me know if the latest version works. Do you have the grid turned on for the map? In 5E, at least, even if you don't, the grid settings are available, but not sure about 4E.
    Yep, grid is on. I have messed around with the latest version with out errors but I usually see the errors when players on logged in so I will have to wait until next week for a proper test.

Thanks - keep me informed. One thing to try (should only have to do this once, not every session) is to remove all the tokens from the map, add them back from the contact tracker, and reshare the map. I did that when I was first developing the extension and saw it behave better after that - not sure if it'll help in this case.

Thanks for the tip! I did remove all the tokens from the map, but didn't stop and reshare the map.

Hi, you can open FG a second time and logg in as a player. So you don't need to wait for a "real" player.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Yep, grid is on. I have messed around with the latest version with out errors but I usually see the errors when players on logged in so I will have to wait until next week for a proper test.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    Hi, you can open FG a second time and logg in as a player. So you don't need to wait for a "real" player.
    Specifically, you can open a second copy of FG by right-clicking on it and clicking Fantasy Grounds Unity. Then you can click Join Game and type in localhost as the IP address.
    The host session must be running as LAN (if I remember correctly).

Thread Information