5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 66 of 68 First ... 16566465666768 Last
    Always good to pass things along. I talked to silentruin. It looks like there's some bizarre timing thing where the token name is momentarily going way with combat groups without the tooltip and getting restored very soon after. Unfortunately, that's between when I use the name as part of the key to look up the current height and when I use that same key to set the height, so it goes back to zero while processing the mouse wheel (I think related to the tooltip that appears even when tooltip is not selected). I'm guessing it'll stay that way until the new functionality goes live. Thanks for reporting, though!

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    That's correct. I'll delist it after it goes live.
    I haven't taken a look at the Test version, but there's been some talk and the consensus seems to be that the extension is preferred over the built-in functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I haven't taken a look at the Test version, but there's been some talk and the consensus seems to be that the extension is preferred over the built-in functionality.
    I've tested it and I've only heard the issue of someone not wanting players to adjust it and allow that option to be toggled like this ext has. Any ideas why someone would like the ext better?
    But other than that I don't see any issues and even that is a minor issue IMO. But an ext can get that setting if needed
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I've tested it and I've only heard the issue of someone not wanting players to adjust it and allow that option to be toggled like this ext has. Any ideas why someone would like the ext better?
    But other than that I don't see any issues and even that is a minor issue IMO. But an ext can get that setting if needed
    I thought the displays overlap as well? Which might be an issue is try to use the ext since you can't turn off the core one.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I thought the displays overlap as well? Which might be an issue is try to use the ext since you can't turn off the core one.
    Turning off the core one is easy, you just don't use it.

I'm not having overlapping displays, can you show me? Is it with another ext?
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Turning off the core one is easy, you just don't use it.

I'm not having overlapping displays, can you show me? Is it with another ext?
    I thought it would be loaded with the update and no options to turn it off, has that changed? If not then it is displaying in the same spot this ext displays on the token. At least it did for me in TEST.

@BushViper,
    Where are you seeing this discussion? I've been monitoring the FG forums, as well as the FG, GP and Rob2E Discord servers.
    Other than the last few posts, I haven't seen much specific feedback.

@nephranka,
    The displays will overlap, because there are only 4 sides to a token that can be used for decorations. So, the extension would need to be heavily modified even if it were to remain for some reason.

@everyone,
    Per MrDDT's comment of feedback he has heard, why would you want the players to be able to adjust their own token positions but not be able to adjust their own token height? It's all just movement of tokens that a player can already move in 2D space in 3D space instead. Our goal is to make it so that whether a token can be moved in any direction is tied to ownership of the token.

If there are other things to refine over time, we will look at doing that. However, one thing to remember is that we want this feature to be super simple so that any user picking it up can just use the height component, without having to go through any toggles/options/configuration. This feature is being made for all users, not just power users.

Regards,
    JPG

Hmmm... methinks the only thing I've heard in regard to this was when I was arguing over it with moon Moon in discord (1/25/2023) I believe. In the end, I'm going to just go with the new stuff and live with it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @BushViper,
    Where are you seeing this discussion? I've been monitoring the FG forums, as well as the FG, GP and Rob2E Discord servers.
    Other than the last few posts, I haven't seen much specific feedback.

@nephranka,
    The displays will overlap, because there are only 4 sides to a token that can be used for decorations. So, the extension would need to be heavily modified even if it were to remain for some reason.

@everyone,
    Per MrDDT's comment of feedback he has heard, why would you want the players to be able to adjust their own token positions but not be able to adjust their own token height? It's all just movement of tokens that a player can already move in 2D space in 3D space instead. Our goal is to make it so that whether a token can be moved in any direction is tied to ownership of the token.

If there are other things to refine over time, we will look at doing that. However, one thing to remember is that we want this feature to be super simple so that any user picking it up can just use the height component, without having to go through any toggles/options/configuration. This feature is being made for all users, not just power users.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the clarification.

In regards to movement: I would like to see it with parity of the current movement system and be lock under a token movement options like the 2D movement is currently.

Thread Information