DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 45 of 68 First ... 35434445464755 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Yep AdvantagesPA.ext now works with it and the performance is improved. It's actually good enough now that its hard to tell where FGU slowness with LOS and lighting and large number of tokens is not the sole issue left.

Thank you!

[Further more refined testing shows its still slower with it loaded so I'll look to see if anything else can be done - it may just be a limit based on the single getTokens() search being hit so frequently (with lots of tokens)]
    Refined fixes. But really getting scary in what I have to do to actually get it not to process the duplicate mouse moves yet still react even when just the height changes. Took a lot of trial and error (mostly through stupidity and type-o's) but I think this "might" work. Don't use it without testing it in all ways you can think of. If you use it. But this finally fixed the lag due to processing 50 times if I hover over a token. Now it just does once. Or when height changes. To see this vs current just put a Debug.console("*") in after the super calls to see how many times onMousePointer is hit - then imagine all those calls to loop over stuff - even to just find out there is no height difference (previous changes). I removed the version in previous post so there is no confusion. Again - this one you really have to test as its... RISKY BUSINESS in the extension world!
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 27th, 2022 at 05:14.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Refined fixes. But really getting scary in what I have to do to actually get it not to process the duplicate mouse moves yet still react even when just the height changes. Took a lot of trial and error (mostly through stupidity and type-o's) but I think this "might" work. Don't use it without testing it in all ways you can think of. If you use it. But this finally fixed the lag due to processing 50 times if I hover over a token. Now it just does once. Or when height changes. To see this vs current just put a Debug.console("*") in after the super calls to see how many times onMousePointer is hit - then imagine all those calls to loop over stuff - even to just find out there is no height difference (previous changes). I removed the version in previous post so there is no confusion. Again - this one you really have to test as its... RISKY BUSINESS in the extension world!
    Ooh, interested to see if I can learn from those changes for my aura extension (people have complained about a lot of random extra calculations).

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Ooh, interested to see if I can learn from those changes for my aura extension (people have complained about a lot of random extra calculations).
    Trust nothing! There is always a better way than my stuff I'm sure. But feel free to use anything I've done

Thanks again. I'll give it a thorough testing, but may not get a full suite done until Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    The author pointed out my solution won't handle multiple targets so may not be viable. I'm going to delete that version here as the people who wanted to look at it have.

The author pointed out my solution won't handle multiple targets so may not be viable. I'm going to delete that version here as the people who wanted to look at it have.
    Thanks for the heads up!

New version with significant performance improvements (may not notice the improvements without a large number of tokens on the map).

bmos, since you were interested, the places with the most improvements are where you find an OptData reference in image.lua and token_height_indication.lua (don't update measurements when nothing changes) and the replacement of the override of getWidgetList in token_height_indication.lua with a call to refreshHeights from onInit in image.lua (don't update heights lots and lots and lots and lots of times - the function was a workaround I had to ensure the heights being updated when the map loaded before I overrode image.lua). There are a few other things scattered about as well. You aura extension actually works pretty well with the giant test campaign - I was worried that the other calls I overrode would have similar performance impacts without a workaround, but luckily that doesn't seem to be the case. Let me know if you'd like the giant test campaign (~130 tokens ready for a big battle).

Thanks again to SilentRuin for his contributions in this!

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    New version with significant performance improvements (may not notice the improvements without a large number of tokens on the map).

bmos, since you were interested, the places with the most improvements are where you find an OptData reference in image.lua and token_height_indication.lua (don't update measurements when nothing changes) and the replacement of the override of getWidgetList in token_height_indication.lua with a call to refreshHeights from onInit in image.lua (don't update heights lots and lots and lots and lots of times - the function was a workaround I had to ensure the heights being updated when the map loaded before I overrode image.lua). There are a few other things scattered about as well. You aura extension actually works pretty well with the giant test campaign - I was worried that the other calls I overrode would have similar performance impacts without a workaround, but luckily that doesn't seem to be the case. Let me know if you'd like the giant test campaign (~130 tokens ready for a big battle).

Thanks again to SilentRuin for his contributions in this!
    Works great now in my crowded campaigns. No need for thanks, it was a purely selfish endeavor Plus, you did the work to make it better.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 30th, 2022 at 01:23.

The arrow is not showing the correct distance for me. It isn't taking height into account at all. I just started using this extension, so doubled checked the front page to ensure it is supposed to affect the arrow.

Tested with no other extensions. 5E.

Thanks

Let me know your ruleset and the three dimensions between the origin token and target token. Also note the calculations on the first post, as if you're not using the raw measurements, it may not be intuitive what to expect (but does match the spirit of the various rulesets). Haven't had any other reports of things not working, so just want to narrow down what it could be. Thanks.

Thread Information