5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 68 First ... 6789101858 ... Last
    Should be fixed now with v1.9. Thanks for reporting!

Tested with 1.9 and working with auras and with or without the grid.

It is funny to watch the CPU kick in as I adjust the height!

Thanks for checking it out. I think I know why the CPU is kicking in with both extensions loaded - hopefully it only happens when adjusting height when there are auras around. It comes from the trick I used to force redrawing the range arrows. I'll try to figure out a more clever way of doing that, but hopefully it works okay for now.

Totally fine! I just thought it was interesting. I have been working on chasing down a lag problem in another post, so I have been watching the computer stats and I saw it happen.

Thanks to bmos for suggesting (and showing me how) to override a function that would allow other extensions to automatically get their range updated from this extension, v1.10 has been uploaded. Now nifty things will happen like his Aura Effects will activate / deactivate based upon the height.

Confirmed to be working. I like how it works with auras now, very cool. I still have to adjust for ranged attacks in melee but it is worth it for the other functions this ext gives.

Thanks!

I think the diagonal range calculation in this might not be correct. All squares surrounding a creature should be 5ft away.

Basic 5E ruleset:
    before.png

This extension:
    after.png

Threatened squares:
    You threaten all squares into which you can make a melee attack, even when it is not your action. Generally, that means everything in all squares adjacent to your space (including diagonally). An enemy that takes certain actions while in a threatened square provokes an attack of opportunity from you. If you’re unarmed, you don’t normally threaten any squares and thus can’t make attacks of opportunity.
    Reach Weapons:
    Most creatures of Medium or smaller size have a reach of only 5 feet. This means that they can make melee attacks only against creatures up to 5 feet (1 square) away. However, Small and Medium creatures wielding reach weapons threaten more squares than a typical creature. In addition, most creatures larger than Medium have a natural reach of 10 feet or more.
    Also I have gotten this working in PFRPG and 3.5E (perhaps others but have not tested).
    I'll pass that along (pretty minor change) once the numbers work (due to this issue).

Thanks - I'll take a look. FG does some strange things with creatures larger than medium, so I'm guessing it's related.

Version 1.11 has been uploaded, which matches the range of the base FGU for variant diagonals (already matched for standard and raw). I tried a bunch of cases and they all matched, but it wasn't exhaustive, so if you find a difference, let me know.

Here is a screenshot of what I get now for ranges with variant rule. (Version 1.11 Token Height extension)

- Distance to diagonally adjacent square is correctly 5'.
    - Distance to two consequtive diagonals is also correctly 15' (5' for the first plus 10' for the second diagonal)
    - Target at 'knight's move' distance seems to be 15' away. I think it should be 10' with variant rules. (5' for diagonal plus 5' to linearily adjacent square)
    - However if you move the target half a square further away the distance drops to 10'. (the dragonborn token in the screenshot)
    targets.JPG

Thread Information