DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Death Marker improvements

I like the Death marker extension, but it would be great if there was an option to leave behind something that actually identified the creature that was killed. Ideally the token should be there with a either blot splatter or a skull and cross bones, but I would settle for just the name of the NPC that was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    I like the Death marker extension, but it would be great if there was an option to leave behind something that actually identified the creature that was killed. Ideally the token should be there with a either blot splatter or a skull and cross bones, but I would settle for just the name of the NPC that was killed.
    Are you referring to a specific extension? If so, you'd be best posting in the thread for that extension.

If you're referring to the built in functionality, which is not an extension, then it's best posting your request in the FG wishlist.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, any Idea where I would post about the Death marker extension?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok, any Idea where I would post about the Death marker extension?
    That is death indicators (in my signature) - not death markers - completely different and not the same. Right now its functioning as designed and there are no plans to add any support for anything else I don't need myself. Your comment is about death markers which DI does nothing with. That's pure raw FGU feature.

I should note when I have a blown speeder or spaceship or whatever oriented in the same direction - I don't use "tombstone" as my asset for the death indicator - I use a copy of the original live asset with fire and destruction around it. That is a token - not a map layer graphic - as in death marker from raw FGU.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 18th, 2024 at 22:02.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

You can already do this, just by the dead creature not removing it from the CT.

Blog Entries
    Death Markers, the built in FG function, allows you to define custom markers (image stamps on a layer). In 5E, these are configured by creature type. So you can not have a dead troll, but you can have a marker for all giants. See Options > Death Markers.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You can already do this, just by the dead creature not removing it from the CT.
    Ok, let me explain clearer. I WANT to delete the character from the CT because it is dead, i.e. gone, goodbye, don't clutter my CT any more. However, I want to still indicate on the MAP that there is a dead X creature there, whatever the token was ideally. Like in any RPG you play, when you kill a character it is replaced by a non interactive image.

Ok, let me explain clearer. I WANT to delete the character from the CT because it is dead, i.e. gone, goodbye, don't clutter my CT any more. However, I want to still indicate on the MAP that there is a dead X creature there, whatever the token was ideally. Like in any RPG you play, when you kill a character it is replaced by a non interactive image.
    Dunno about the non interactive image other than death markers as part of that, but you can drop a loot token with Map Parcels EXT and it will say the name of the creature that died.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Dunno about the non interactive image other than death markers as part of that, but you can drop a loot token with Map Parcels EXT and it will say the name of the creature that died.
    Better to make a map parcel token for that creature's loot that is the dead creature if you go that route.

But EXTENSIONS = RISK so that is probably not what this guy is after. He's asking FGU to allow the Death markers to map specific map graphics to specific dead critters.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    So the built in Death Markers will not do this. It leaves a generic token. Pretty sure Silent Ruin's Death Indicators extension is capable of doing what you want. And the other option is to add a non-CT token to the map and then remove the NPC from the CT.

Are we missing something?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information