5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    Advantages PA does not work with Critical Awesome Essentials and Token Height Indication. I had to turn these off to use this feature.
    I suspect it will have issues with nearly every extension that plays with the map... as they all have to mess with the non-super merge-able image side of the code...

I'm sure between us all we will end up cut'n'paste some code for other extensions to make these work sort of together..

I'll be taking a look at how my extension spell_tokens interacts with the new split out version. ( I was going to check the single extention version but Silent said to wait.... )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    Advantages PA does not work with Critical Awesome Essentials and Token Height Indication. I had to turn these off to use this feature.
    Put in Page 1 as listed conflicts near bottom thanks. Yes, image file overrides are likely being stomped by these things. Why I broke those modifications out into their own .ext so you could just not use it but still use other parts of advantages.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I suspect it will have issues with nearly every extension that plays with the map... as they all have to mess with the non-super merge-able image side of the code...

I'm sure between us all we will end up cut'n'paste some code for other extensions to make these work sort of together..

I'll be taking a look at how my extension spell_tokens interacts with the new split out version. ( I was going to check the single extention version but Silent said to wait.... )

-pete
    For sure - but image files are not very shareable as we discussed. Only way would be to start dragging in code from whomever is lowest on load order totem pole. The sad part is that we all are probably doing our own things safely - but we have to "add them into" something that can only be inserted with a clone of some part of the code. Which of course kills the other guy.

Yet another CW FGU fix that needed cloning - updated here and in Forge. No version change for these things.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    For sure - but image files are not very shareable as we discussed. Only way would be to start dragging in code from whomever is lowest on load order totem pole. The sad part is that we all are probably doing our own things safely - but we have to "add them into" something that can only be inserted with a clone of some part of the code. Which of course kills the other guy.
    Yep I've taken a look, and basically I'd have to pull most of your extension into my code. ( As much of the work is in image.lua, much like in mine.. )

One way that might be possible, would be if you reduced the code in image.lua by adjusted things like check_point and onMeasurePointer, so they passed the 'local LastActivePtrs' into a global file script call function.

image.lua file...

function onMeasurePointer(pixellength, pointertype, startx, starty, endx, endy)
    -- We are hijacking this label code to know when pointers we are interested in are placed or changed
    local retStr = nil; -- we will not do anything with label but if someone ever does we can handle the that code first
    if super and super.onMeasurePointer then
    retStr = super.onMeasurePointer(pixellength, pointertype, startx, starty, endx, endy);
    end
    imagePA.onMeasurePointer(pixellength, pointertype, startx, starty, endx, endy)
    return retStr;
    end

function point_check(checkPt)
    imagePA.point_check(checkPt, LastActivePtrs)
    end
    So that your image.lua only has the 'local LastActivePtrs' and mainly just stub functions that call out passing the data around...

That way I can do a function check in my extension for 'if imagePA and imagePA.point_check' (etc..) and include the required calls to 'imagePA.onMeasurePointer(pixellength, pointertype, startx, starty, endx, endy)' in my image.lua file and have them call your functions against a 'local LastActivePtrs' data in my image.lua.

At least in this way only a very slim part of your extension functions exist in the image.lua, and that code I can simply copy into my image.lua and 'call' into your global script that does the work. ( Without duplicating the bulk of the 'work' code.. )

But I'm not sure if this is a suitable thing to do. I dont know if people would use the 'PA' part with my spell tokens extension as they can target off the spell token for the shape and it tracks 'who' that belongs to so targets get added/removed to the 'owner' of the spell. And your 'PA' version is just replicating that by grabbing the last measure pointer on the map. ( I guess maybe on a spell/action type that does not have a registered spell token in my system, that needs a target shape would use your PA part. )

So I think now you have 'split' out the 'PA' part users can decide to have most of your other extensions and pick to use your 'PA' part or my 'spell tokens' side. I'm not sure that we need to 'make both work' when active, it seems like a very very small user case now.

If you do feel like moving the bulk adding/processing/clear functions from image.lua into a '<script name="imagePA" file="scripts/imagePA.lua" />' and stub these into a slim image.lua file... then just ping me a DM once done and I'll look to call these from my image.lua side so that both extensions can co-exist.

I'm not sure its a worth while thing to do, maybe your users and my spell token users can comment if they want us to make these work together or if now its split they are happy to pick one or the other....

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Yep I've taken a look, and basically I'd have to pull most of your extension into my code. ( As much of the work is in image.lua, much like in mine.. )

One way that might be possible, would be if you reduced the code in image.lua by adjusted things like check_point and onMeasurePointer, so they passed the 'local LastActivePtrs' into a global file script call function.

So that your image.lua only has the 'local LastActivePtrs' and mainly just stub functions that call out passing the data around...

That way I can do a function check in my extension for 'if imagePA and imagePA.point_check' (etc..) and include the required calls to 'imagePA.onMeasurePointer(pixellength, pointertype, startx, starty, endx, endy)' in my image.lua file and have them call your functions against a 'local LastActivePtrs' data in my image.lua.

At least in this way only a very slim part of your extension functions exist in the image.lua, and that code I can simply copy into my image.lua and 'call' into your global script that does the work. ( Without duplicating the bulk of the 'work' code.. )

But I'm not sure if this is a suitable thing to do. I dont know if people would use the 'PA' part with my spell tokens extension as they can target off the spell token for the shape and it tracks 'who' that belongs to so targets get added/removed to the 'owner' of the spell. And your 'PA' version is just replicating that by grabbing the last measure pointer on the map. ( I guess maybe on a spell/action type that does not have a registered spell token in my system, that needs a target shape would use your PA part. )

So I think now you have 'split' out the 'PA' part users can decide to have most of your other extensions and pick to use your 'PA' part or my 'spell tokens' side. I'm not sure that we need to 'make both work' when active, it seems like a very very small user case now.

If you do feel like moving the bulk adding/processing/clear functions from image.lua into a '<script name="imagePA" file="scripts/imagePA.lua" />' and stub these into a slim image.lua file... then just ping me a DM once done and I'll look to call these from my image.lua side so that both extensions can co-exist.

I'm not sure its a worth while thing to do, maybe your users and my spell token users can comment if they want us to make these work together or if now its split they are happy to pick one or the other....

-pete
    Personally I'd just prefer FGU did it. As there is no reason those pointer areas should not be useable as I've shown (and they have access to the engine code so could do it a lot cleaner). And yes its broken out so nobody has to use it (but me) The check point code is not the conflicting bit so won't solve the problem as its arbitrary where I put it. Its the fact I have to have the pointer area associated with individual imagecontrol's image data and that onMeasurePointer seems to force me to drag in a bunch of stuff I don't use or need to work. We likely will just have to conflict as I have to have that onMeasurePointer trigger in there - and for whatever reason that forces every other trigger to be dragged in with it in order to work. No idea why. But that is what I found out when I tried to only put in things I needed to override.

Like I said earlier - touching image.lua is just a very conflicty thing to do. Same with characterwizard - why those parts are both their own .ext so people can "not use them at all". I'm fine with them as I don't use anything else but what is in my signature. If there is a way to intercept the onMeasuerPointer without having to drag in the world I'm all for it. But for whatever reason I could not find it.

Videos added to page 1. (one might still be processing in youtube at time of this post).

I get the following console warning and error when opening the CW with AdvantagesCW. I figured it was because of conflict but I don't have any other extension that messes with the CW.
    Code:
    [3/10/2022 9:55:25 AM] [WARNING]  bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_stats) does not exist
    [3/10/2022 9:55:25 AM] [WARNING]  bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_races) does not exist
    [3/10/2022 9:55:25 AM] [WARNING]  bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_class) does not exist
    [3/10/2022 9:55:25 AM] [WARNING]  bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_back) does not exist
    [3/10/2022 9:55:25 AM] [WARNING]  bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_feats) does not exist
    [3/10/2022 9:55:25 AM] [WARNING]  bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_import) does not exist
    [3/10/2022 9:55:25 AM] [WARNING]  bitmapwidget: Logical icon (tab_warnings) does not exist
    [3/10/2022 9:55:25 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "charwizard/scripts/charwizard.lua"]:186: attempt to index local 'sModule' (a nil value)

AdvantagesCW.ext - V1.3 - Bug - specialized module guard for my personal "AE5E" modules that have feats that are not really feats had a mistake causing error for "non me" people.

Updated in Forge also.

Fixed - I think.

I commend your boldness and bravery on using such a RISKY extension. FGU CW changes frequently enough that it can get easily out of date - plus of course - this was designed for my personal preferences and shared to those who are willing to incur that RISK
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 10th, 2022 at 16:30.

Thread Information